4. First Day

A groan sounded from me and Shelly as her alarm woke the both of us up. I rolled around in my extralong twin bed and stuck my pillow over my ears as I waited for my roommate to shut the damn thing off. It was the first day of classes and already I just wanted to stay in bed and keep sleeping. My conscience picked up my pillow and started whacking me with it, nagging me to get out of the bed. With another groan, I rolled out of bed and walked over to Shelly's dresser, hitting the snooze button.

"If I have to be up because of your alarm, so do you," I told her before lightly shaking the brunette's shoulder. 

"But Mooooooooooooom." She playfully whined before rolling onto her side to look at me.

I laughed with her and shook my head. "Rise and shine, little one. It's time to start the first day of the rest of you life," I teased before going back over to my side of the room. Instead of waking up early to shower, Shelly and I decided to shower in the dead of night yesterday so we wouldn't have to awkwardly run into people while we were naked so I didn't have to worry about that. 

What I did have to worry about was getting my first day of college look right. All of a sudden, my wardrobe seemed to have nothing for me to wear.

"Shelly, help me!" I exclaimed, a look of panic on my face.

The brunette rolled out of her bed and laughed at me, "Wear something that you look cute in but is still comfortable. You don't need to fall down or up the steps on the first day of classes."

How did she know I had a tendency to fall up the steps??

Cute and comfortable, I could do that. I'm glad that Shelly set her alarm for earlier than what she normally would because both of us would've been screwed if she didn't. I want to say that it didn't take me much time to pick out a cute t-shirt, jean shorts, a flannel shirt to tie around my waist, and combat boots to match but I would've been lying my face off.

Shelly was still getting dressed while I was doing my hair and makeup. I didn't do anything too fancy, just a fishtail braid resting over my right shoulder and some eyeliner and mascara. "Hurry up, Shells," I rushed her a little while shoving my notebook into my backpack. 

"I'm almost done!" The other girl replied while standing in front of the mirror, and I couldn't help but laugh at the face she made while applying mascara. She was in a fit and flare, floral dress with gladiator sandals on. Her long, brown hair cascaded down her back in natural beach waves and I found myself to already be envious of her. 

When she turned to finally face me her eyes widened, and her jaw dropped slightly.

My eyes shifted around the room as I was being uncomfortably stared at by my roommate. "What?" I finally managed to ask.

"Joss, you look hot!" She grinned at me in approval and I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

"Thanks," I responded before letting out a soft breath, "You look like amazing. There really isn't much else to say."

A grin spread across Shelly's face and she curtsied while winking at me before grabbing her backpack, slinging it over her shoulders. "Thanks, cutie! Now let's get out of here and make all the boys drool."

I shook my head and laughed softly before exiting our dorm room with her. Over the weekend, we found each of our classes so that way we wouldn't be those freshman aimlessly walking around with maps in their hands like the ones we currently saw. 

Also, over the weekend, we had dinner each night with the guys. Zayn and Louis even joined in and being around the five of them was probably going to be the death of me and Shelly. Maybe for different reasons, though. We came up with a secret code to let each other know when we thought one of the guys was doing something hot, and by we, I mean Shelly.