Nightmare

"Nope, no way." Nick said for the tenth time as he reached across to turn the music off.

"Come on Nick, you've made me change the station like five times now." I argued, turning the music on again, Miley Cyrus's voice blaring through the car. Honestly, I didn't even care about the music, just seeing the annoyance written on his face was enough satisfaction for me.

"My car. My rules." He shut the music off yet again.

"Do you even listen to any type of music?"

The corners of his mouth suddenly turned up as he reached over. Sweet Child O' Mine started playing at full volume and his face turned smug. I realized  that he expected me, or girls in general, to hate rock.

"Are you kidding me?... I love this song!" I smiled triumphantly and turned the volume up as his smirk was wiped off his face.

"By the way, we still have to work on the assignment. We only have like a page done."

His cold brown eyes flickered to mine for a second, an exhausted look on his face.

"I'm serious. Please? You barely helped me back at the museum because apparently talking to some brunette was more important." I muttered, unsure if he would even take me seriously.

"You know, I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth." He replied dryly, and I sank lower into the seat. How could anyone have a decent conversation with this jerk? I definitely wished I would have stayed at the museum.

"You live... here?" I gulped as the words rolled off his tongue. He narrowed his eyes at my place, he was thinking about something, but I couldn't tell what. My mouth turned dry and I felt suddenly embarrassed as his car pulled up at my driveway.

What did he mean? Was this house so ugly compared to his place?

I avoided his stare and looked over to my house, feeling ashamed. The house was small and a little old, pale paint was scraping off at the edge. My bedroom was on the first floor, with large door windows that gave my room beautiful light in the daytime. But from the outside, maybe it looked a little old? It wasn't too bad, was it?

I scolded myself for caring what he thought, but my eyes were still cast down.

"...Yeah, why?"

"Because I live near, just a couple blocks away." He nodded his head up the street as I looked at him doubtfully.

"And telling my stalker where I live was probably a bad idea." He sighed and gave me a pointed look.

Irritated, I opened the car door and walked to the front door without looking back. I heard his smooth laugh from behind.

His car peeled away from my driveway and I finally let out a sigh. Well, today was exhausting.

***

I made my way down the small hallway as chatter surrounded me. Everything was exactly the same as it always has been. The small fountain, gushing with water was in the center of campus. Students sat on the benches, studying and talking. Black and red uniforms mixed together into blobs of ugly colors.