Chapter Nineteen~

"Stop it!" Ashkit protested, pawing at Dovewing as she licked the fur on the top of his head. "ShadowClan warriors can take care of themselves!"

Firekit was washing her paws, making it a point that she could do it herself. While Smokekit was under Tigerhearts grasp.

"Why does Firekit get to do it herself?" The small gray tom growled as his father flattened the fur that stuck on his spine. 

Tigerheart shrugged. "Ask Dovewing." He swept his tail around Blazekit as the tiny tom was creeping away. 

"There!" Dovewing declared, looking pridefully down at her son. "Perfect."

Ashkit pawed the top of his head. "I could've done it myself."

"You couldn't catch white cough, let alone a flea." Phoenixkit teased, pawing her brothers tail.

The gray kit glared at his sister. "I can catch anything I want."

"Oh, yeah?" Firekit smirked, staring at Ashkit.

Ashkit nodded proudly. "Yeah!"

"Catch this!" Smokekit growled as he escaped Tigerheart's grasp, hurling a clump of dirt at his brother.

Ashkit let out a mewl of protest as it his him in the chest. 

"Hey!" The sturdy gray kit yelped, "I just got that fluffy again!"

Tigerheart padded away, struggling to contain his laughter as he headed towards Squirrelflight and Tawnypelt. Dovewing purred, walking after her mate, staying out of her kit's fight.

Ashkit threw himself at Smokekit, rolling the small tom underneath him, pinning him down by the shoulders.

"Hey! I just cleaned my fur earlier!" His brother yelped as Ashkit continued to rub dirt in his fur.

 Making it a point that they were both covered from tail to ears in dust, Ashkit finally let go of his brother.

He leaped away from Smokekit, grinning like a bobcat.

"Now we match!" Ashkit smiled, making his similar furred brother smile as well.

"Yeah," Smokekit stared at his brother, a loving respect lingering in his blue gaze. "I guess we are."

Blazekit laughed at the two, looking over from where he was talking with Phoenixkit and Firekit. "Are you two going to be like that for the ceremony?"

The two similar kits glanced at each other curiously, shrugging their small gray shoulders. But before they could answer, a large brown tabby tom appeared on HighRock.

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather here beneath HighRock for a Clan meeting."

Ashkit sighed and stared at his dust covered coat. "Well, you win some you loose some."

"I guess." Smokekit grumbled. "What will my new mentor think?"

Blazekit purred, padded towards HighRock. "Wait and see."

"You're not helping!" The two gray kits called after their brother in sync.

Firekit smiled, padding elegantly after Phoenixkit and Blazekit. "Hurry up you two."

"We're coming." Smokekit mumbled, licking his ruffled chest fur.

Tawnypelt smiled at the two gray kits as they passed. "What a way to welcome your clan."

"I bet no kit this dirty has ever been made an apprentice." Ashkit growled, his pink nose twitching.

Smokekit shrugged. "It's our spirit they're welcoming. Not our appearance."