Chapter Seventeen~

Blazekit and Ashkit trotted towards the medicine den, a mouse being carried between the two. The brown tom set down their catch, padding towards the lichen draped in front of the den.

"Can we come in?" Blazekit stuck his muzzle into the fronds.

Rusting sounded from behind the wall of weeds, and a light tabby head appeared from the den. "Oh! Blazekit it's you. Come on in. Phoenixkit's been asking for you."

Blazekit shot a look of triumph over his shoulder.

Ashkit glared at his brother, running past him and into the medicine den, "Was she asking for me as well?"

Leafpool glanced down at the tom, purring. "Of course. She was asking for all of you."

"See?" Ashkit hissed at Blazekit, "I'm special too."

A grunt sounded from a nest further towards the wall, and in an instant, a tabby orange head shot up.

"Thank StarClan!" She sighed, turning so her wrapped leg was hanging over the nest, "I've been bored out of my mind in here!"

Leafpool sighed, "Now you're starting to sound like Jayfeather."

"It doesn't look so bad in here." Ashkit stared around for a moment, the mouse still hanging from his mouth.

Phoenixkit stared hungrily at the small rodent, "Is that for me?"

Her gray speckled brother nodded, "Ivypool caught it for you."

"I don't care who caught it." She mumbled, reaching for the mouse with an outstretched paw, "I'm starving!"

Ashkit smirked, pulling away and out of Phoenixkit's reach.

"Come on Ashkit!" She yelped, stretching as far as her small paw was capable.

Blazekit purred, "Give it back to her."

"Just a bit longer." Ashkit grinned, setting the mouse on the ground, just outside of Phoenixkit's reaching distance.

Phoenixkit let out a huff and sank into her nest, staring at the freshkill from over her nest.

"Come on Phoenixkit." Ashkit teased, "Here's a nice, juicy mouse just waiting to be eaten."

The tabby kitten growled at her brother, "Ashkit! Youre dead!"

Ashkit smirked, but as Phoenixkit leaped at the tom, he stepped back and darted towards Blazekit.

The kit grappled into her brother, pressing him into the floor. "Give it to me!"

"Never!" Ashkit roared.

"Give me to me!"

The gray kit squirmed under his sister, "I told you no!"

"Give me the mouse!" Phoenixkit yelled.

"Phoenixkit!" Leafpool scolded, "No play fighting! You need rest!"

The golden/orange she-cat sighed and scrambled off her brother.

"Ha!" Ashkit yowled triumphantly, "Take that you crippled kit!"

With a roar, Phoenixkit leaped at her brother.

"Blazekit!" The sturdy gray kit yelped, "Save me!"

The medicine cat padded towards the three, "If you don't stop bickering, I'll eat your mouse and send Blazekit and Ashkit away. Do you understand?"

Phoenixkit jumped off her brother, limping towards her nest. "Yes Leafpool."

"Good." She nodded firmly, turning around to walk away.