Chapter Thirteen~

Bramblestar rushed out of his den, fur bristling as he bounded down the rocks, pebbles loosening as he leaped down into the clearing. Jayfeather and Leafpool were right on the leaders tail, while Alderehart skidded clumsily down the slide, paws struggling to find claw holds.

"Squirrelflight!" The ThunderClan leader called, "Take a patrol around the Rogue border."

The ginger deputy nodded, "Fernsong, Poppyfrost, Birchfall! Let's go!"

A beige tom was darting out of the warriors den, eyes wide with apprehension as he bounded across the clearing, "What's going on?"

"A few kits decided to create a patrol of their own." Squirrelflight growled, "We have to find them before Darktail does."

Birchfall nodded, "Graypaw! Stop dawdling!"

The gray furred apprentice charged across the clearing, eyes narrowed with determination, "Finally! A real warriors mission!"

"This is no time for games." Poppyfrost scolded.

Graypaw didn't seem to hear the warrior, as he just followed the ThunderClan deputy out of camp, paws bouncing at the sense of adventure.

Birchfall sighed, glancing over at the younger warrior, "Sorry about my apprentice." He apologized, ducking his head as he walked through the thorn tunnel, burrs snagging against his fur.

"Lionblaze!" Bramblestar yelled towards the golden warrior, "Take Brightheart, Dewnose, and Bumblestripe for a sweep of the lake side border."

The thick furred warrior nodded, charging through the entrance with his patrol right behind him.

"Hollytuft, Cinderheart, Cloudtail." Rowanstar roared, "You're with me."

Bramblestar nodded towards his warriors and the ShadowClan leader leaped out of camp.

Cloudtail hesitated, before flattening his ears and plunging through the thorn tunnel with Hollytuft right behind him.

"Brackenfur." Bramblestar nodded towards the golden-brown warrior, "Stay here and guard the camp." He swung his great head towards the ShadowClan deputy, "Tigerheart. You and Ivypool follow me. We'll do a quick sweep of the fox traps, then patrol the ridge and scout for any foxes."

Tigerheart nodded, turning towards the remaining warriors, "Thornclaw, Twigfeather, Sparkfire, Stormcloud. Search the WindClan border."

Sandpaw hopped towards Thornclaw, "Can I come?"

Thornclaw looked over her head and towards Bramblestar, who was exiting camp with Ivypool and Tigerheart.

"No. You were on dawn patrol." He shook his head, glancing around camp at the remaining warriors left to guard the hollow, "Dustpaw! Come on!"

The light brown tom let out a sigh from where he was watching from the edge of the clearing, "Alright, I'm coming. Don't ruffle your whiskers."

Sparkfire nodded, bounding towards the apprentice, "Come on. I'll race you to the top of the hollow."

Dustpaw padded after the young she-cat, tail trembling.

Twigfeather stared at the disappearing ShadowClan deputy, ears flattened with shock, but emerald eyes alight with excitement. She leaped to her paws, tail lashing against the ground.

Honeybranch laughed silently, whiskers shaking with amusement, "Look. Larkclaw's pissed."

The young warrior turned her head to see her jet black adopted brother staring at the camp entrance longingly, clawing impatiently at the ground.