Chapter Eight~

Cloudtail and Brackenfur spoke with Bramblestar, Rowanstar and Squirrelflight discussing words of the same nature with Cinderheart.

"Should we keep them?" Brackenfur questioned his leader, gazing down at the kit that rested between the white warriors paws. The she-kit stared around, her eyes wide and frightened.

Bramblestar looked uncertain, "I'm not sure. That last kits we took in ended up separating our clans."

Rowanstar nodded, ducking his head rather sheepishly "As prideful as I am, I admit that we were wrong to take Violetpaw away from Twigfeather."

"I wish you would've realized that sooner!" Alderheart snapped, "Now Violetpaw's living with rouges! And it's your fault!"

Tigerheart loomed over the medicine cat, "She made the choice to stay. That was her decision."

"Neddletail influenced her!" The brownish-red tom snarled.

Bramblestar narrowed his eyes at the two, both shutting their muzzle almost immediately.

"Let us not dwell on the past." His eyes remained drawn to slits, ears flattened menacingly, "We must decide on whether we shall keep this kits or not."

Rowanstar let out a sigh of relief as the two backed away, turning towards Cloudtail and Brackenfur, who were watching the fight with interest. "Where did you find the kits again?"

"Under a bush near the stream that divides our territory and WindClans." Brackenfur reported.

Squirrelflight nodded to the broad shouldered white warrior, "The fox attack happened near the Rogue border. Am I correct?"

"Yes, near the clearing where the twoleg path and the border meets, it ambushed us." Cloudtail replied, bending his head down to lick the kits head, silencing its pitiful waiting for a few moments.

"Was there any cat with them" Bramblestar pressed.

"No, not even a single stiff of who put left them there." Cinderheart reported.

Bramblestar looked down at the shivering kit laying in front of him and his gaze softened.

Tigerhearts eyes glistened with thoughtfulness, "What are we going to do with the kits."

Jayfeather looked up from where he was inspecting Sandpaw. "Well we can't take them back." He mewed in a very matter-of-factly way.

"Take them to Cherryfall." Bramblestar turned to Brackenfur again, ignoring Jayfeathers sarcasm, "They seem to be closer in age to Turtlekit and the others than Dovewings kits."

Cloudtail nodded, picking the kit back into his jaws, "Right. Cinderheart, can you get the tom?"

"Of course." Cinderheart looked almost angered that the warrior had to ask, as she gently lifted to tom into the air again, his black paws flailing again, catching the she-cats muzzle.

Bramblestar and Rowanstar turned to Brackenfur.

"Now," The ThunderClan leader started, "Can you tell us what happened in the forest."

The two warriors padded towards the sheltered den, catching spurts of conversations as they held the kits in their jaws.

Cinderheart stepped over Badgerkit and Foxkit, who were wresting by the thorn barrier. Blazekit, Phoenoxkit, and Turtlekit were still arguing about the twisted leaf laying on the muddy ground.

But the wails the kitten's mewling, sent a few of the young cats head turning. Only Firekit walked forwards though, Smokekit and Ashkit still questioning Sandpaw about being a warrior.

"Who are they?" The she-kit questioned, her emerald eyes glittering with curiosity.

Cinderheart tried to speak, the fur blocked her mouth muffling her speech. Firekit noticed the nod the she-cat gave her, following the two warriors into the nursery.

Dovewing darted into the nursery as soon as she spotted the kits, and as they padded into the den, Cherryfall already had her head raised, eyes bleary from sleep.

Cloudtail set the kit down in the mossy nest, opening his moth to speak, but Cherryfall interrupted.

"I've already heard." She murmured, gazing at the kits, "But who's are they?"

Cinderheart shrugged, setting down the white tom before ducking away, the kit still thrashing around, "We don't know. Our dawn patrol just found them."

Cherryfall gathered the two kits closer with a sweep of her tail, her gaze already fondly staring at the two, "They can stay. Tell Bramblestar I'll take care of them."

Cloudtail nodded, turning around to walk out of the den.

"Ten kits!" He whisper yelled to Cinderheart, "Great StarClan! I don't think the nursery has every been this full."

"Dovewings kits will be apprenticed in a few days, The gray she-cat told the warrior, her eyes glittering at the bemused expression on Cloudtails face, "So there'll only be five soon."

Cloudtail let out a huff as they exited the den, their conversation dying away from the ears of Firekit. The orange she-cat poked her head up over the nest, whiskers twitching.

"Yes, Firekit?" Cherryfall purred, seeing that the kit had a question.

The she-kit swallowed, "Are they from ShadowClan?"

"No," The queen murmured gently, "They're from Rogue territory."

Firekit tilted her head to the side, "But then, why do we keep them?"

"Would you want to stay with the rogues?" Cherryfall brushed a paw over her muzzle, cleaning her whiskers.

She shook her head rapidly, "No way! They're mean!"

"How would you know?" The ginger warrior purred.

Firekit hopped away from the nest, "In the stories Sandpaw and Graypaw always tell us. Apparently they're really mean and cruel!"

"You should never judge a cat just because of the tales you've heard." Cherryfall scolded, "But yes, they are rather mean." The warrior hesitated, "Maybe you should head back outside, and play with Phoenixkit."

The she-kit nodded, "Blazekit will want to play warrior! And he always gets the good roles." She ran out of the den, "Bye Cherryfall!"

When the kit had left the den, Cherryfall turned to Dovewing, who had heard the whole conversation.

"I never knew Firekit was so talkative." The tabby queen joked, glancing over towards the gray she-cat.

Dovewing nodded, "She always talks about Mosskit. But I don't have a clue who that is."

"Maybe it's another game." Cherryfall suggested, staring back down at the strange kits.

"I don't know" Dovewing continued, seeming rather confused, "She talks to Mosskit as if it was a real cat."

Cherryfall raised an eyebrow, "Like talking to herself?"

"Exactly." The gray she-cat nodded earnestly.

The ginger queen smiled, "She reminds me of Mousefur, always mumbling to herself."

"I just hope she grows out of it before she's apprenticed." Dovewing fretted, glancing back towards the entrance, where Firekit and Badgerkit could be heard arguing.