Chapter Twenty~

"What are we going to do first?" Phoenixpaw stared at her mentor. "Hunt for the clan? Practice battle techniques? Oh! Maybe explore the territory!"

Brightheart looked down at the young she-cat, pride brewing in her amber eye. 

Phoenixpaw smiled back, her heart warming. No cat in the clan has looked at her like a warrior praising their apprentice. It made the young she-cat want to do better, to fight and defend ThunderClan. 

Brightheart looked over her shoulder, smiling as she saw her apprentice's kin crowding around each other. "First, I think you should celebrate with your siblings. We'll take a tour around the territory tomorrow at dawn."

"Right." Phoenixpaw nodded and darted towards Blazepaw, Ashpaw, and Firepaw.

"Were apprentices at last!" Ashpaw yelled, bouncing taround Blazepaw. "And I have the ShadowClan leader as a mentor!" 

Phoenixpaw looked at Ashpaw, her eyes glittering with mischief. "Now you can't ignore him."

Ashpaw stuck his tongue out at his sister, Smokepaw padding over, his eyes bright.

"Oh look." Blazepaw nodded towards the gray apprentice who had just joined their conversation. "It's your twin Ashpaw."

Smokepaw huffed, "We're completely different."

"How?" Phoenixpaw and Firepaw questioned at the same time, sharing glancing of amazement.

Ashpaw and Smokepaw both stuck their noses outwards. 

"Our noses are different colors." Ashpaw declared, twitching his pink and gray speckled nose.

Smokepaw nodded, his own nose being a deep gray. "Very."

"If I wasn't your sister I wouldn't be able to tell which one of you is Ashpaw or Smokepaw." Firepaw sighed, shaking her dotted orange head.

Blazepaw nodded, shrugging in agreement towards his gray pelted brothers. "She's not wrong ya know."

"Shut up." Ashpaw looked away airily, his ear twitching.

"Firepaw!" Leafpool called from where warriors were dispersing. "We're going to tour the territory in search of herbs."

The light ginger, almost gold dappled she-cat smiled and bounded elegantly towards her mentor. "What herbs are we looking for?"

While Leafpool explained to the young she-cat the function of the herb they were off to find, Tawnypelt and Ratscar were walking towards the group of new apprentices.

"Blazepaw." Tawnypelt nodded towards her apprentice, "Ratscar and Smokepaw are comming with us on a tour of the territory."

The two brothers exchanged excited glances.

"Rowanstar and Bramblestar agree that the ThunderClan camp is becoming crowded," Ratscar continued. "So tomorrow Tigerheart will be coming with us to look for a secondary camp."

"A secondary camp!" Smokepaw was kneading at the ground, his tail lashing excitedly.

Blazepaw's eyes lit up. "Really?"

Tawnypelt nodded. "But first you two need to know and have a grasp on the already existing territory that ShadowClan calls home at the moment."

"Then let's go!" Smokepaw exclaimed. "This is going to be awesome!"

Ashpaw lowered his ears rather dejectedly. "Do I get to go?"

"If they find a suitable camp, then we'll have to help fortify it," A voice piped up frombehind the apprentice. "So today, you and I are going to collect reeds and brambles."