Chapter Twenty-Two~

A/N

I was extremely tired while writing this chapter. 

That is all.

~~~~

"We'll cross here." Snowbush declared, staring across a river that bordered the RiverClan camp.

Rowanstar nodded, noting it was much shallower than the rest of the large stream. "Let's wait for a patrol." He stared at the medicine cats. "Is this meeting urgent?"

Leafpool shook her head. "No. We just need to speak with Willowshine before sun high to make it to the Moonpool on time."

"And it's just barely past dawn." Snowbush declared, staring up at the sun. "You should be there on time."

Firepaw settled herself to her haunches, wrapping her tail neatly over her paws.

"RiverClan territory is huge." Rainpaw breathed, sitting next to Firepaw. "There warriors must be huge to patrol this much land."

Emberpaw sighed, staring ahead at the gentle flowing river, his yellow and amber eyes trained on a fish that passed. "Or they have differently timed patrols then ShadowClan."

"Of course they do!" The calico she-cat snapped, glaring at Emberpaw, "We patrol at night!"

The small white tom stared calmly back at Rainpaw, "Not always."

"Stop arguing." Firepaw muttered under her breath.

Snowbush flicked his head, glancing at the young she-cat from over her shoulder. "Hm? Did you say something?"

Firepaw pretended to look amused. "No? Are you hearing things Snowbush?"

"Maybe." The tom grinned, looking disgruntled.

As if one cue, a starry sleek furred yellow and brown tabby tom padded out from the bushes. "Oh, it's just you two. I thought I heard some cat important."

"What!" Rainpaw yelped, padding angrily towards the new RiverClan apprentice. "I am very important!"

The young tom blinked tiredly, looking as though he just wanted to sleep. "Oh, really. That's nice."

"Tell him Emberpaw!" Rainpaw glanced over her shoulder, fur spiked.

But the white tom just nodded towards the new comer. "Ridgepaw, pleasure seeing you here."

"Out of your nest and everything." Rainpaw growled. "You must've been dragged out by River Ripple himself."

Ridgepaw yawned, blinking away sleep. "Do I have to answer?"

"No, I guess not." Emberpaw sighed, shaking his head slightly, "Still as tired as ever, huh Ridgepaw."

The yellow and brown tabby tom shrugged. "I guess so."

"Put a little emotion on your face!" Rainpaw scolded. "It's annoying looking at some cat who's always tired!"

Ridgepaw blinked lazily at the calico, "Sleep's an emotion."

"No it's not." Rainpaw snapped, while Firepaw flicked her ear in amusement.

The StarClan tom just drew in a long and lazy breath of air, "Who says? The need for my sleep is misunderstood."

"Sleep is good." Firepaw nodded, speaking aloud before she realized the other cats couldn't hear Ridgepaw, Emberpaw, or Rainpaw.

Rowanstar was too busy speaking with Leafpool to hear, while Snowbush just glanced over his shoulder again, amber eyes narrowed at Firepaw.