Chapter Nine~

Firekit hopped out of the nursery, tail waving behind her. Phoenixkit and Blazekit ran towards their sister, Turtlekit right behind them.

"What's all this about new kits?" Blazekit questioned, his amber eyes gleaming.

The tabby orange she-cat nodded excitedly, "The dawn patrol brought back two kits from WindClan territory."

"I thought it was Rogue territory?" Phoenixkit countered, titled her head to the side.

Firekit shook her head, "Sandpaw found them near the WindClan border, but they're from the Rogues."

"Cool!" Turtlekit yelped in excitement, "Now we can get all of the Rogues secrets!"

Baderkit and Foxkit tumbled over, making the four talking kits step to the side as they rolled past.

Foxkit glanced over his shoulder were he had Badgerkit pinned, "But they're young? Why would Bramblestar make them tell us anything?"

"We're no better then them you mouse-brain!" Badgerkit snapped.

Pheonixkit narrowed her eyes, as if thinking hard, "But we could be."

"Huh?" Blazekit meowed, rather confused, while Turtlekit looked ecstatic.

"If we're thinking about the same thing..." The sleek black kit mumbled, her face twisted into a grin of excitement.

Pheonixkit nodded, "If your plan involves leaving camp then yes, we have the same general idea."

"Yes!" Turtlekit leaped into the air, rounding back up stare into her denmates crystal blue eyes, "Can I come with? Pleeeeeaaaaase!"

Pheonixkit wrapped her tail around the she-kits mouth, silencing the kit, "Hush! Or the warriors will hear you."

Turtlekit nodded, her emerald green eyes glimmering.

"What are you two up too?" Blazekit inquired, ears flicking as if a fly buzzed around.

Phoenixkit nodded towards her brother, "Turtlekit and I are going to investigate the Rogues."

"What!" Badgerkit yelped, Blazekit throwing him a glare, "I mean- whaaaat?" His voice grew significantly quieter, drawing to whisper yell.

His sister nodded, "Yep! We'll follow the next patrol out, carefully sneak after them. Then, when they split up to hunt, we each gang up on them, one at a time. Knock them out and run towards the Rogue border and boom! We're out of camp and into Darktail's. But we'll have to be quick so they won't wake up and rat us out."

"Or we just sneak out the dirt-place tunnel and follow the scent trails towards the border." Blazekit sighed.

"We?" Pheonixkit frowned at her brother.

Turtlekit wagged her tail out behind her, it sticking up like a tree stump, "But then it'd be less exciting!"

"Yes we." Blazekit nodded, ignoring Turtlekit. "I'll be going with of course..." He hesitated, adding, "To. . .supervise you that is."

The fur along Turtlekits fur spiked, "Phoenixkit and I can-"

"Thanks." Pheonixkit dipped her head to her brother, shooting Turtlekit a glare over her shoulder. "We'll appreciate the company."

Turtlekit slumped back to her haunches, "Yeah, yeah. I guess we need you as a distraction for the foxes."

"Hey!" Blazekit flattened his ears, eyes narrowed as he leveled his gaze to his sister, "Why don't we use Turtlekit as bait?"

Pheonxkit sighed, "We're not using anyone as bait." She turned to Badgerkit and Foxkit, who were listening with interest, "If we're not back before sunset, tell Dovewing were we've gone."