Hardest Performance of All

Jamie's P.O.V.

                 I was getting nervous. The designers were designing my hair. As I sat in the chair I was getting more and more nervous because the closer I was to performing. This week we had to do country. I decided to slow it down tonight. I was going to sing 'Don't You Wanna Stay' By Kelly Clarkson and Jason Aldean. It was difficult because it's hard doing a duet with only one person.

My palms were sweaty. I had a difficult time breathing. I was breathing slower and slower. I had a feeling my pulse rate was going down. But at the same time, my heart was pounding like crazy!

The crew told me I was up next that I had to follow them to the backstage door. These were my final few minutes before I had to go out on that stage. The final minute. Then the stage guy handed me the mic. "Go out there and sing well. Good Luck!" I smiled and was opening the doors. The music started playing and I was singing while I was walking out there. Once the audience heard me singing they were cheering like crazy!

"Don't you wanna stay here a little while? Don't you wanna hold each other tight? Don't you wanna fall asleep with me tonight? Don't you wanna stay here a little while? We can make forever feel this way. Don't you wanna stay?" I was singing. The final thing I heard was the piano I said "Thank you" And walked off the stage. The judges put their scores on their score sheets and whatever comments or notes they wanted to add. When I walked back off to the backstage area. Kurt was standing there right in front of me. He smiled grabbed my hands and said "Yes." I was choked up I didn't know what to say until finally several minutes later, I said.