We All Fall Down

"We did good, stop looking like we just sold drugs for way more than they're worth." Louis said quietly to Zayn as they discreetly walked away from where they'd made the deal.

Zayn swallowed, hating being on this side of town after dark.

"We're going to take this money, and go get something to eat okay? I know you're hungry and so am I." Louis said, stopping to light a cigarette.

He offered it to Zayn, who gladly took it and took a long drag before handing it back.

"You alright?" Louis asked, looking at Zayn in what little light they had.

"Yeah, fine." Zayn lied.

"I know this area isn't safe, let's pick up the pace." Louis said quietly.

Zayn was very much okay with that idea, beginning to feel better when they got closer to the street.

Dark alleys weren't really his thing.

"We're eating good tonight." Louis smiled at him, just before a light above them switched on, making them freeze.

It wasn't very bright, but it was enough for them to be able to see the ground and the area around them.

"Motion light?" Zayn whispered.

"No." Louis said, standing up straighter as four large figures crept up out of the darkness.

All of them looked like they'd just escaped from prison and hadn't showered in years.

"The fuck you think you're doing over here you little pricks?" One of the men asked angrily.

"Selling. You got a problem with that?" Louis challenged.

All four of the men were much bigger than Zayn and Louis, and Zayn knew with one good hit he was a goner.

"Yeah, this is where we sell. We don't like you fucking with our loyal customers." The man told him.

"Your loyal customers are drug addicts. Stop with the fancy titles." Louis scoffed.

"Oh and you think you're so much better?" A different man asked, stepping closer.

"Well, better than you at least. I'm sure I just made more money than you could ever hope to make during a sell." Louis smirked.

"Louis, shut up." Zayn said quietly.

"Listen to your mate, there." The main man said to Louis.

"Fuck off." Louis spat, trying to walk past him only to be shoved backwards.

"You're not going anywhere. You know this part of the city belongs to us, so that money you made is ours. Whichever one of you scrawny little pricks has it, hand it over." The man commanded.

"You're mad. Go buy and sell your cheap shit and get out of the way." Louis said angrily.

"Hand over the money!" The man snapped, making Zayn flinch.

"Right after I fuck your mum." Louis said, folding his arms.

In seconds the man had a gun pressed to Louis' chest. "Don't talk about my mum. You don't know anything about my mum."

"Course not. 'Cept that she likes it rough." Louis smirked.

The man raised the gun, knocking Louis across the jaw and sending him to the ground.

"You can have the money!" Zayn suddenly spoke up, panicking as the men approached him.

"I know we can. But that's not enough anymore. You need to learn to stay the fuck out of our side of the city." The man said, jerking Louis back to his feet.