A Surprise

The next morning as Zayn drifted into consciousness, he immediately realized he wasn't in bed.

He was....moving?

He breathed in as he opened his eyes, blinking a couple times and realizing there was a dummy in his mouth.

Zayn could also feel a snug hat on his head, looking at the blanket that was draped over him.

He began to kick in an attempt to get it off without having to move his arms, spotting that his feet weren't in socks for once.

They were trapped in the blue footed pajamas Harry had him in.

Zayn lifted his arms and jerked the blanket off, not knowing why he was suddenly so irritated.

He looked at Harry, easily becoming distracted as he watched him drive.

Zayn assumed he wasn't fully awake because of the way he seemed to slip into a trance, watching Harry gracefully turn the steering wheel.

Before he knew it he'd relaxed back into his car seat, sucking on the dummy and studying Harry.

But, it wasn't long before he lost interest.

Zayn wanted to ask where they were going, but he couldn't bring himself to take the dummy out of his mouth.

It was his favorite.

The fact that he had to remove it to be understood properly irked him, but he eventually did it anyway.

"Where are we going?"

"Oh." Harry flinched, smiling at him in the rear view mirror. "Good morning baby. What happened to your blanket?"

"Where are we going?" Zayn repeated, his arms folded now.

"Well, it's kind of a long story so I'll tell you the short version. Daddy's card isn't working properly at the moment so we're going to the bank to make a withdrawal." Harry said.

"My bank just happens to be all the way across town." He added in more of a complaint tone.

"What's the withdrawal for?" Zayn asked.

"Well, groceries mainly. But if there's something your little heart desires, it's yours." Harry smiled at him again.

"Why'd you take me with you? I could've just slept at home." Zayn said.

"What if you woke up and needed me? I can't leave you alone, baby." Harry frowned.

"Plus I tried my best to make sure you were comfortable. I brought a snack and some juice for you if you want it." Harry said.

Zayn shook his head, fighting back a yawn.

"I want out." He mumbled, looking down at the multiple buckles that stood between him and freedom.

"Why?" Harry asked, looking back at the road now.

"Just don't like it." Zayn mumbled again, trying to unbuckle himself.

"Just relax, baby. Look out the window." Harry suggested.

Zayn was too busy fighting with the straps and buckles.

He wanted to stretch out and lay down rather than be forced to sit up.

Hell, what he really wanted was to be in bed.