Spider-Man

"Okay, come here." Harry said after he got Zayn inside.

He took him to the closest bathroom on the first floor, lifting him up and setting him on the counter.

Zayn normally would've protested, but he was so weak, and could barely keep himself from crying.

He knew this man was a complete stanger, but it wasn't like Zayn had anything else, or anyone else anymore.

Harry put his grocery bag down, digging through it and finding the baby wipes he bought.

"This isn't your blood, is it?" He asked Zayn as he opened them.

He shook his head no, swallowing to keep himself from crying anymore.

"But this is." Harry said, seeing his scraped knee through his torn jeans.

"Don't worry, I'll get you fixed up. Then maybe we can talk?" Harry asked.

Zayn didn't respond, watching Harry as he began to wipe his face.

"D'you have kids?" Zayn asked, looking at the wipes.

Harry gently touched Zayn's chin, making him look back at him.

"No, why?" He asked quietly.

Zayn stared at him, just then noticing how close he was.

"Just wondering." Zayn mumbled, tensing up when Harry wiped near his mouth.

"If you don't want to talk about what happened you don't have to." Harry said, deciding to wipe his neck too.

Zayn didn't say anything, flinching as Harry bent down a bit and ripped his jeans even more to access the scrape.

"Okay, okay...." Harry trailed off to himself, looking around a moment before he got his first aid kit.

He used the wipes from the kit to get rid of the blood, getting the antibacterial spray next.

"This might sting." He warned, looking at Zayn.

He sprayed the scrape, getting a couple bandaids to put on it.

"I don't need those-"

"Yes you do, they protect you from infection." Harry smiled, putting everything away.

Zayn looked at his knee, frowning. "Are you sure you don't have kids?"

They were Spider-Man bandaids.

"No. I'm pretty sure I'd know if I did." Harry said.

"Alright. Can you tell me why....or just tell me what happened?" Harry asked.

Zayn took a deep breath, figuring he didn't have anything to lose.

"My mate and I used to live on the streets selling drugs. We were in the wrong place at the wrong time and...he was shot." Zayn said.

"I'm sorry." Harry said quietly. "But...live on the streets? So you're- you don't have a home?"

Zayn shook his head no. "The blokes who shot him were chasing me. That's why I ran into you."

"Well...you have a home now okay? And you're safe, I promise." Harry said.

"Like I said before, you can stay until you want to leave. But....if you don't want to leave that's okay too. You're welcome here. I don't want you to be afraid or feel alone." Harry told him.

"Okay, thanks." Zayn said quietly.

"Can I get you anything?" Harry asked. "Maybe some clean clothes? Anything to eat?"