Make It Count

"What d'you think?" Harry smiled as he carried Zayn into the nursery a few nights later.

He'd rearranged it earlier that day while Zayn was busy playing.

Zayn looked around, sucking on his dummy.

"You like it?" Harry asked, carrying him over to the crib.

He sat him down in it, and Zayn automatically stood up and took his dummy out.

"I'm not tired yet, can we watch a movie?"

"No, it's bed time. Lay down." Harry told him, taking the dummy.

"But daddy-"

"Don't start, Zayn. Lay down." Harry said sternly.

Zayn wanted to be angry with him and glare, but he just couldn't.

The stern look Harry was giving him kept him quiet, and Zayn was distracted by Harry's strong bare upper body.

He'd taken his shirt off after it got wet from doing the dishes.

"Lay down." Harry whispered with a smile, kissing Zayn's nose.

Zayn scrunched his face up with a little laugh, dropping onto his bum before he comfortably fell onto his back.

Harry smiled, tucking him in. "Good night baby. I hope you have the best dreams, I'll see you in the morning."

He kissed Zayn's forehead before he turned and quietly left, turning the light off.

Zayn sighed, wishing Harry would let him sleep in his bed again.

Sometimes he felt so lonely in here.

Zayn sat up and looked around the room, studying how Harry had rearranged it.

The dresser was now much closer to the crib.

In fact it was so close, Zayn figured he could reach out and touch it.

He got to his feet, reaching out of the crib and smacking his hand down on the dresser.

Zayn unconsciously reached with both hands, pulling on the dresser until it was up against the crib.

He then grabbed onto the sides, using it to pull himself up out of the crib.

Zayn quickly looked around once he was on top of the dresser, shocked that he had made it out of the crib.

This changed everything.

Immediately his head began to fill with ideas.

He could go down and play video games after Harry went to bed if he wanted.

Of course, if Harry caught him it'd be another spanking for sure.

Plus, Zayn knew if Harry found out he could get out of the crib he would move the dresser out of Zayn's reach from then on.

That meant this was Zayn's only night of breaking out.

He needed to make it count.

Zayn slowly crept over to the door, pressing his ear against it.

After not hearing anything, he opened the door and peeked out.

There was still light coming from downstairs, which meant Harry was down there.

Zayn decided to go to Harry's room, taking all he had on off and climbing into his bed.

Zayn was confident that he wouldn't get in trouble for this.