PB&J

When Harry woke up the next morning, his first thought was if Zayn slept okay.

He got up and went down the hallway, quietly opening the door and looking in.

Zayn was awake already, sitting up and looking at Harry when he came in.

"How'd you sleep?" Harry asked, wishing he could get a picture of the way Zayn's hair looked.

"Fine." Zayn said, folding his arms and leaning back against his pillows.

"Really? No bad dreams?" Harry smiled.

"No."

"Well that's great! We found a solution!" Harry said.

"Think I prefer the drugs." Zayn muttered.

"Why?" Harry frowned.

Zayn played with the duvet, avoiding Harry's eyes.

"Look, I appreciate you....reading to me but...it's weird. I'm not a little kid." Zayn said.

"Well I know that. You don't have to be a little kid to enjoy a good book." Harry shrugged.

"Yeah but it just feels weird for you to read me to sleep. I'll be fine from now on, I can take care of myself." Zayn said, looking at him now.

"Oh, okay. Whatever you want." Harry said, feeling a little hurt.

"I'm um, gonna go scrounge up some cereal. You're welcome to anything in the kitchen." Harry said, getting up and leaving.

Zayn frowned slightly, feeling confused.

He got up and quickly followed Harry, apparently going too fast around the corner.

Before he knew it he'd slipped, landing on the floor with a loud thud.

Harry, who was at the end of the hall,  whirled around and saw him laying there.

"Why are your floors so slippery and clean? Who has floors like this?" Zayn complained, wincing and grabbing his elbow.

Harry rushed over to him, helping him up. "You didn't break anything did you?"

"No, I just hit my elbow." Zayn said, rubbing it.

"Do you want some different socks?" Harry asked.

"Don't even need socks." Zayn muttered, irritated now.

It was kind of cute, but Harry would never admit it.

"But what if your feet get cold?" Harry frowned with concern.

"They won't, it's never cold in here." Zayn said, taking the socks off.

"Why were you running? Is something wrong?" Harry asked, taking the socks from him.

Zayn looked down at his bare feet. "I...you said you liked to cook."

"I did." Harry said, watching him.

"Just wondering why you aren't going to now." Zayn mumbled.

"Do you want me to?" Harry smiled.

Zayn shrugged. "If you want."

"What d'you want me to cook?" Harry asked, turning and walking towards the stairs, listening to Zayn follow him.

"Um, maybe-" Zayn was cut off by a sneeze.

Harry turned and looked at him. "You need socks."

"Most people say bless you." Zayn said to him.