Car Ride

The next morning, Zayn woke up alone, curled up in Harry's bed surrounded by blankets and pillows.

He blinked a few times, stretching out and realizing how much more comfortable Harry's bed was than the guest one.

It felt like the bed was fitting against his body perfectly, and he felt so warm.

He smiled to himself, wondering if he could convince Harry to switch beds.

As Zayn raised both fists to rub his eyes, he heard Harry coming down the hall.

He could only hear him because of the heels on his boots.

Zayn sat up as he came in, and Harry smiled at how adorable he looked.

"Hey, sleep good?"

Zayn nodded, smiling a little.

"You hungry?" Harry asked.

"Not right now. Did you go somewhere?" Zayn asked, noticing how dressed up he was.

"I was just about to actually. Just wanted to check on you." Harry said.

"Where are you going?" Zayn asked.

"Just....running some errands. Groceries, bills, etcetera." Harry said.

"Oh."

"Are you sure you don't want me to make you something before I go?" Harry asked.

"Well...can I come?" Zayn asked shyly.

"Oh, sure, if you want." Harry said.

"It'll be boring." He warned.

"I haven't been out since that night so....I don't think I'll be bored." Zayn said.

"Okay, well go get dressed." Harry smiled.

Zayn climbed out of bed, walking off to the guestroom.

Harry went downstairs, packing Zayn a baggie of dry cereal and a juice box for the road.

After he was dressed and they went out to the car, Harry opened the back door on the passenger side for him.

Zayn paused. "I...can't sit in the front?"

"That's where I usually put my groceries so I can look after them if I take a sharp turn. Which I do quite often." Harry said.

He was telling the truth, but he also wanted Zayn to sit in the back.

"Um, okay. I guess the back is okay. I'll feel like a celebrity." Zayn smiled.

"You are. You're my celebrity." Harry smiled back at him.

Zayn chuckled a little, getting in the car.

"What're you doing?" He frowned as Harry pulled his seatbelt across him.

"Buckling you in. Safety first." Harry smiled as it clicked.

Zayn frowned at him. "I can do it myself."

"I know. Just...thought I'd help." Harry said stiffly.

Zayn opened his mouth to say more, but Harry whipped out the juice box from his jacket pocket.

"Thirsty?" He asked, popping the straw in and handing it to him.

Zayn continued to frown. "Why did you-"

"Have some cereal." Harry smiled, giving him the baggie.

He then stepped back and closed the door, sighing and walking around to the driver's side.