Blue Bars

The next morning when Zayn woke up not in Harry's arms, he knew something was off.

That, and the mattress beneath him wasn't as soft.

Still, he threw his arms back over his head and stretched, sucking on his black dummy a few times and blinking his eyes open.

However, he paused when he felt extra cushion around his bum.

Had Harry already put him in a nappy?

He sat up, frowning when he realized he was seeing everything through blue bars.

Harry had put him in the crib while he was sleeping.

Last night Zayn agreed to letting Harry put him in a onesie after they got cleaned up, but he didn't remember being put in the crib, or into a nappy.

Zayn tried to get up, having to struggle to get out of the blankets Harry had wrapped him in.

He was also surrounded by stuffed animals that were in the way and made it hard for him to get up.

He tried once, pathetically tumbling back down onto his bum.

Now he was irritated.

He started throwing the stuffed animals out of the crib, not stopping until they were all out.

Zayn then grabbed onto the bars and stood up, jerking the dummy out of his mouth and throwing it on the floor too.

"Harry!" He called, glaring towards the door, his messy hair sticking up all over the place.

This wasn't acceptable.

He hadn't agreed to this.

Well, at least he hadn't agreed to having it done while he was asleep.

That was just weird.

"Hey!" He snapped.

Zayn huffed, trying to climb over the side of the crib.

"How the hell..." He muttered angrily, frustrated because he couldn't just climb over and jump down.

It was too high.

"Come let me out of here!" He demanded, rattling the side of the crib with his hands wrapped around two of the bars.

Before Zayn knew it there were tears running down his cheeks.

He'd never cried so easily before.

Why wouldn't Harry come get him?

"Harry!" He yelled, still rattling the crib.

Then he realized Harry probably wasn't responding because Zayn wasn't addressing him correctly.

Damn it.

Zayn gave up and plopped back down on his bum, some of his hair falling into his eyes.

"D-Daddy!" He cried out, feeling like his world was falling apart.

Moments later, Harry came rushing into the room.

"What's wrong baby? Daddy's here, it's okay." He said, stepping over the stuffed animals.

He picked the dummy up, cleaning it off.

Zayn stood up again. "I want out." He cried.

"Okay, okay, come here." Harry said, putting the dummy back in Zayn's mouth before he took him out of the crib.

Harry wanted to hold him, but Zayn squirmed until Harry put him down.

However, Zayn did lean into Harry's embrace, letting Harry hug him.