Presents and Veggies

"These are for me?" Zayn asked, shocked at the presents taking up the whole coffee table.

"Of course, daddy told you he was going to spoil you." Harry smiled, kissing Zayn's forehead.

It'd been almost a week since Harry helped Zayn adjust to calling him daddy, and since then Zayn slept in Harry's bed with him each night.

Zayn loved it, and Harry often wondered how he'd ever get Zayn to sleep in the crib.

Harry wasn't even sure he wanted Zayn to anymore, having his baby next to him was better than anything else.

Still, he'd have to try sometime.

"Can I start opening them?" Zayn asked.

"Of course. Then we'll have a nice healthy dinner." Harry smiled.

Zayn ignored the healthy dinner part for now, going for those presents with a crazed look in his eyes.

"Wait." He paused before he started ripping the paper.

"Are all of these like...baby things?" He asked.

"If they were would you be disappointed?" Harry asked.

Zayn looked away from his stare.

The answer was yes but he couldn't say that, he didn't want to seem like a brat.

Harry chuckled knowingly. "It's half and half. Half are presents a teenage boy would love, half are for my baby."

"Okay, that works." Zayn smiled.

"Which ones are the baby stuff? I want to start there." Zayn decided.

"The ones on the left." Harry said.

Zayn picked one up, opening it.

"Another dummy?" He asked as soon as he realized what it was.

But this one was a matte black, and wasn't very childish looking at all other than the fact that it was a dummy.

"You seem to like black. I hope for that one to be your favorite." Harry said.

Zayn looked at him, smiling. "Thanks, I guess." He said, kind of flattered Harry was thinking of him that way.

"Of course. I want you to try it tonight at bed time okay?" Harry asked.

Zayn nodded, deep down not too sure how he felt about using a dummy in front of Harry.

He picked up the next present, finding a ninja turtles coloring book and probably the biggest and most diverse box of crayons he'd ever seen.

"This is cool, I used to like drawing and painting. Maybe I can get into this." Zayn spoke his thoughts.

Harry smiled, watching much like a happy daddy would.

The next present Zayn unwrapped was a footed onesie that was also all black.

Zayn was skeptical when he realized what it was until he felt the material.

It was almost as soft as Harry's hair for goodness sake. 

Okay maybe he could get used to this.

Harry felt that starting with black was a good way to ease Zayn into wearing onesies since he loved the color so much.

"This is actually really nice." Zayn admitted shyly, rubbing the material against his cheek.

"I'm glad you like it, baby. That's all for those types of presents." Harry said, looking forward to how Zayn reacted to the other ones.