Baby

The next morning, Harry woke up with a smile.

He got up and got dressed, pulling his long curls back into a bun before he went to go check on his baby.

Or- Zayn.

He didn't want to get ahead of himself.

Harry quietly opened the door and looked in, thankful to see Zayn sleeping peacefully.

Messy hair and pouted lips, looking so small in that bed and in Harry's shirt.

Harry couldn't get enough of the sight.

When he finally let his eyes drift away from Zayn, he noticed Zayn's clothes on the floor.

He stepped in and picked them up, previously planning on washing them until he saw their condition.

He'd have to take Zayn shopping for new clothes.

Well, when Zayn was comfortable with that.

Harry had to keep reminding himself that Zayn wouldn't hop into a crib and call him daddy overnight.

These things took time, and Harry didn't mind at all.

He wanted to really bond with Zayn, and make sure Zayn saw him as someone who would protect him and take care of him.

That was Harry's current mission.

He took Zayn's old clothes downstairs, deciding to give them a wash anyway in case he wanted to change back into them.

After Harry got a load of laundry going, he went back upstairs to check on Zayn again, hoping he'd be awake so Harry could start breakfast.

And he was.

"Good morning." Harry smiled when he noticed those big eyes were open.

But they didn't stay open long.

Zayn closed them and rolled over, pulling the duvet up to his shoulder.

Harry chuckled, walking over to the bed. "If you want to sleep longer that's perfectly fine. I just wanted to ask if you were hungry. I could make some nice strawberry pancakes?" He suggested.

Zayn's mouth watered at the suggestion, but he was so comfortable and still a bit groggy from those pills.

"Do you want anything?" Harry asked quietly.

"Mhmm."

"Strawberry pancakes?"

Zayn cleared his throat. "Yes please. Thank you. I'll be....down in a minute." He said through a yawn.

"I'd be happy to bring them up here to you." Harry said.

"No, no that's okay. I'll get up." Zayn said, feeling like a spoiled brat.

"Okay. I'll be in the kitchen." Harry told him before he left.

Zayn eventually managed to sit up, feeling a little dizzy.

He took a deep breath and exhaled, realizing he slept without any more nightmares.

He briefly thought about his current situation, his chest hurting when Louis crossed his mind.

But, Zayn redirected his thoughts to the fact that this was his first time in years sleeping in clean clothes and a bed.

He woke up on his own instead of to gun shots or yelling.

He slept warm instead of tensed up beneath an old coat with Louis.

Fuck, now Louis was back on his mind again.