Chapter 2: Talk With Aphmau

*Laurance's POV*
~Later That Night~

"Aphmau! Aphmau open up!" I banged on her front door, impatiently.

After what felt like an eternity, the front door opened. The short girl stood in the doorway, arms crossed. She was in her pajamas, which is to be expected- it is one in the morning, after all. She glared slightly at me, before leaning against the doorframe.

"Thank you, Laurance. For waking up the entire neighbourhood, with your loud knocking," Aphmau rolled her eyes, continuing to glare. She can get like this, when she's tired- or trying to sleep. "It's one a.m., what buisness do you have here? And...where's Garroth? I thought you two were connected at the hip."

I blushed a little, scratching the back of my head. Garroth and I, did go a lot of places together.

"He's in bed. But, Aph, I really need to talk to you," I looked around, instinctively.

"Couldn't this just wait until morning?" Aphmau rose an eyebrow, standing up fully.

"No, it can't. It's been boggling my mind for too long, and I can't get any sleep because of it. Please, I need your help," I pleaded, clasping my hands together.

Aphmau looked behind her, for a brief moment, before nodding. She dropped her arms, stepping out of the way, before letting me in. I silently thanked her, heading inside.

She lead me into her dimly lit living room, over to her couch. It was rather quiet, and a somewhat awkward atmosphere. But, I merely shrugged it off, and took in small breathes. I was still a bit nervous, about what's been on my mind.

"Is Aaron asleep?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs.

"No, he's reading or something. So, what is it you wanna talk about? Does this have to deal with Garroth~" Aphmau teased, poking my side.

"U-uh...maybe..," I stammered.

Aphmau lightly clapped her hands together, giggling quietly. "Tell me all the details, hun. How are things going with you two?"

I rolled my eyes, chuckling quietly. Aphmau grabbed my hand, smiling brightly. I looked down at my pocket, before looking back up at her.

"Things are going great! Which.., is kind of why I'm here..," I bit my lip, not sure how I should tell her this. Aphmau nodded along still smiling. I semi-whispered the next part, "...I was thinking about...proposing marriage to him..."

Before Aphmau could squeal like the fangirl she is, I quickly held my hand over her mouth. Her squeal was muffled in my hand, and she bounced in her seat excitedly. When she looked like she calmed down, I removed my hand from her mouth, shushing her.

"Laurance!" She whisper-yelled. "That's amazing! You should totally do that! I've been waiting for this moment, ever since you guys went on your first date! Garroth promised I could be his Maid of Honour! I'm so excited! I can take Katelyn, and we can go dress shopping! And then-"

"Aphmau!" I interrupted her, face-palming. "I am just thinking about it. I haven't done it, yet."

"Laurance, look at the blush on your face~. You totally have already bought a ring, didn't you~?" Aphmau giggled, poking my cheek.