Chapter 23: Anniversary Night

*Laurance's POV*

I still can't believe Garroth invited Ivy! Of all people, her!

At least it wasn't Gene...

Yeah...but, I don't think he's going to be inviting Gene over, anytime soon.

Hopefully, never. I freaking hate him.

But, do you remember what he said?

About how we aren't fully aware about what happened, during the time him and Garroth were dating? Yeah...

What do you think he meant by that?

I'm not sure... Hopefully, Garroth will tell us soon. It's been bugging me for so long.

Agreed...

"Hey, Laurance, how have you been?" Vylad smiled, leaning against the wall, a drink in his hand.

"I've been...fine. How about you, Vylad? You doin' fine?" I tried to put on a smile, taking a sip of my own drink.

"I've been great!" He chuckled, taking a look around the room. "Hey, who's the lady with the pink hair?"

"Kawaii~Chan?" I knew he was referring to Ivy, but I wanted to try my best, to try and avoid the subject. I didn't even want to acknowledge her presence.

"Nah, not her. She has...blue eyes. And she's talking with Garroth," Vylad pointed over at the Ivy, who was indeed chatting with Garroth.

My grip tightened on my glass, and my fist was balled on my other hand. Vylad looked me over, his eyes widening a bit. He sighed, shaking his head.

"That...would be Ivy," I groaned, saying her name.

"Really!? That's Ivy?!" Vylad whisper-yelled, looking at her once again. "I barely recognized her. My Irene...I haven't seen her since Garroth was in High School."

"Oh?"

"Yeah... Hey, Laurance...are you... Jealous of...Ivy?" Vylad smirked, chuckling a little.

No.

Yes, we are completely jealous of her.

Who asked you?!

Vylad. He asked both of us. Because we are both Laurance.

Stop with the logic!

"Uhm...well," I bit my lip, glaring at Ivy. "A little?"

"Laurance, you know that there is no way, that Garroth would ever be attracted to Ivy, right?" Vylad laughed a little more, setting down his glass. "The only lady he ever had any romantic interest in, was Aphmau. But, he got over it really fast. Then, it was Gene...then you. After that, you've been the only person he's shown romantic feelings for."

Awww...

"How do you know all that?"

"Garroth used to confide in me, with everything. I was the first person he came out to, the first person he told when he was dating Gene, and the first person he always told, when he had a crush on someone..," Vylad explained, glancing at Garroth. "So, don't worry about Ivy. To be honest, you should be more worried about...someone like... I dunno...Aaron, or something. Ivy, should be at the almost bottom of your list."

Well, that puts my mind at ease...

"Thanks, Vylad... You're a cool guy," I chuckled, leaning against the wall as well.

Vylad lifted up his hand, showing his wedding ring. "Laurance, reminder, I'm taken."

"I swear...you and Dante were meant for each other..."

~~~

*Garroth's POV*
~Later That Night~

"Thank you, for not going off on Ivy, Laurance. I truly appreciate it," I smiled up at my fiancé, taking a hold of his hand.

"Vylad managed to talk some sense into me," Laurance chuckled, kissing the top of my head.

"Vylad?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"We had a...brother-in-law moment."

"You guys aren't brothers-in-laws, yet," I teased, leaning my head on his shoulder, as we walked down the darkening street. "Not until May."

"Close enough."

"It's August, you dimwit!"

We both shared a laugh, before it dropping to silence. I held on tighter to Laurance's hand, biting my lip. I was kinda regretting getting mad at him earlier. I felt a little...bad.

"Dinner was nice...thanks for taking me," I eventually spoke up.

"Don't mention it, Love..."

And then, it went silent again. I hated the feeling of complete silence. It felt so awkward. I wonder, if he was still upset with me. Honestly, I was still a little with him...not too much. Just a tad. But, I hate this tension. I have no idea, how to get rid of it. I just have to tolerate it, I suppose. Let it all blow over.

To be honest with you all, things have been kinda like this...ever since we got into an argument. It's not a nice feeling. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to resolve it. And, it just makes me feel even worse. Like, I'm a terrible person.

"Is something the matter, Garroth?" Laurance asked me, concern lacing his voice.

"Hm? Oh...everything's fine," I lied.

"Really? Because, you're gripping my hand...kinda tightly," Laurance gestured to our hands. I realized how much I was gripping it.

I quickly let go, frantically apologizing. "Gah! I'm sorry! I didn't realize!"

"It's okay, it's okay! I didn't mind! I was just curious...are you feeling alright? You also...kinda spaced out," Laurance put his hand on my forehead, in which I pushed off.

"I-I'm fine. Really. Trust me," I shook my head, continuing our walk home.

"Garroth..."

Laurance...

~~~