Chapter 6: The Question

*Laurance's POV*

Garroth looked up at me, worry painting his face. I bit my lip a little, not sure if it was me who had worried him.

He probably thinks you're going to break up with him, or something! Fix it!

"Love..," I took his other hand, giving Garroth a heart-warming smile. His expressions softened, and he smiled a little back. "...I love you, and you know that, right?"

"Y-yes..," Garroth nodded.

"So, I wanted to ask you something, very important..."

His beautiful, blue eyes light up, and his mouth was slightly agape. I moved closer to him, my grip unknowingly tightening on his hands.

Just ask...

"L-Laurance..?" Garroth stuttered.

"Garroth..."

I...

"...will you..."

...all you have to do is say it, Laurance!

"..."

I...

"...Would you like to go on a date?"

...I couldn't do it....

Garroth's expressions softened, and he let out a small chuckle. I could tell that the smile he had put on, was forced. Damn it, Laurance! You screwed up, again! You can't do anything right!

"Sure, I'd l-love to go on a d-date!" He exclaimed, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Fantastic," I laughed a little, my grip loosening on his hands.

I still have a shot...I need to take Aphmau's advice.

~~~

*Garroth's POV*

Am I completely heartbroken over the fact, that I was falsely led on?

No...

Okay, maybe just a little bit.

Can you blame me, though? I got my hopes up, when I shouldn't have. I love Laurance and all, but he messes with my emotions quite a bit.

But, then again, it isn't entirely his fault. I know he wants to, and he's ready...but I haven't given him any sort of sign. Also, I am way too shy to outright tell him. I don't know what to do...

Maybe just...wait it out.

But, can I really wait that long?

What kind of question is that?! Of course I can! Even if he never proposes, it's fine! Because, I love him...

~~~

"Ready to go, Beautiful?" Laurance smirked, linking our arms together.

I nodded, giving him a small smile. He led us down to the car, opening the passenger side for me. Laurance got in on the driver's side, starting the car.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, tracing my finger along the window.

"Remember that special spot in the woods? Where we went on our first date?"

"Oh! You're gonna take me there?!" I exclaimed, looking over at my boyfriend. "I love going there."

Laurance gave me a brief glance, his smirk growing. He nodded, continuing our drive. I felt myself getting giddy with excitement.

Then, I quickly settled myself down- knowing all too much, that I shouldn't get my hopes up. Or else, I could be left disappointed in the end. All I could do now, was silently wish for it.

~~~

*Laurance's POV*

I took Garroth's hand, as we made our way down to the forest clearing. Memories replayed in my head, and I smiled to myself. Remembering, how far we have come. It's been such a long journey.

Garroth looked over to me, an unreadable expression playing along his face. I couldn't tell what he was thinking about. But, that didn't stop curiosity getting the best of me.

"What are you staring at?" I smirked, watching Garroth's grin grow.

"You," he said, as if the answer should have been obvious- which it was.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. "Wat'cha thinking about?"

"About how the fading sunlight reflects off of your stunning, baby blue eyes, to create an enchanting scene."

My heart!

"How poetic," I knew my smile had grown. I loved when Garroth was cute, like this. "Are you trying to hit on me?"

"Maybe~" Garroth giggled, leaning his head on my arm, as we walked.

This precious-! Gah, I love him so much!

We arrived at the clearing, and we made our way over to the pond. Garroth ran ahead of me, kneeling beside it. He traced his fingers on the surface of the water, staring out.

I sat beside him, allowing him to rest his head on my shoulder. Everything was quiet, peaceful. It was as if, in this moment, it was just him and I.

This is your chance! Remember Aphmau's advice! The worst that can happen, is he'll reject you.

Yeah, because that's totally not a bad thing... Note my sarcasm.

Oh, hush! Just do it, now! It's the perfect opportunity.

"Garroth..."

~~~