Chapter 20: Surprise! I Love You!

*Garroth's POV*

I began my walk home, using my flannel sleeves to wipe my eyes. It didn't make the situation any better, that it was a cloudy day. Everything was gloomy, and upsetting.

That was probably the worst thing he's ever said...and he's said a lot of stupid crap.

"It's funny...one minute, everything can be full of glee...the next, everyone's hearts are getting shattered. Well, at least mine is...not so sure about Laurance, though..," I mumbled to myself, sniffling a little.

I was starting to feel queasy, and my stomach churned. Perhaps, this is what true heartbreak feels like. I've never experienced something like this before. Last time something similar happened, was when Gene broke up with me. Even then, I was too young and dumb, to understand true love.

I always thought, him and I, were going to end up getting married, being together forever. But, that was only because, Mommy told my brothers and I, too many fairytales. Unfortunately, we aren't some Princes, from a land full of dragons; alternate dimensions; and mythical creatures. This is real life.

And Laurance really screwed up.

I've heard of couples fights... And, Laurance have gotten into a few disagreements. But, never this bad.

There was the thing with Gene, that one time...but, even then...

"Why does the world hate me so damn much?!" I cried out, balling my fists. My heart was hurting, every time Laurance's name ran across my mind. It was a horrible feeling. "Why?!"

"Garroth, are you okay?!" A feminine voice called out to me. It took me a moment to recognize the voice.

Aphmau...

I hesitantly turned around, to see the short, raven-haired girl. Next to her, was the blue-haired woman herself- Katelyn. Aphmau gasped, as she saw me, her eyes widening. Katelyn, surprisingly, did the same as well.

"A-Aphmau? K-Katelyn? What are y-you two d-doing around here..?"

"Garroth, hun, what happened?!" Aphmau exclaimed, running over to me.

The sound of her heels, clicked against the sidewalk. She threw her arms around me, allowing me to rest my head on her shoulder. I accidentally allowed a few tears to fall. If she wasn't one of my best friends, I would try better to conceal them...but I didn't care too much, around her.

"A-Aphmau..," I choked out, holding a hand over my mouth.

Aphmau shushed me, rubbing my back. "Talk to me, honey. What's the matter?"

"W-what did I d-do wrong..?"

~~~

*Laurance's POV*

"Nya~? Laurance~?" I voice said from in front of me.

What, now?!

I groaned, looking down to face her- Michi. "What do you want, Michi?"

"Nya! No need to snap, Laurance~. Nya," Michi pouted.