Chapter 33: Peace and Love

*Garroth's POV*

We stayed stationary, for a few minutes. I clutched tightly onto Laurance's shirt, never wanting to let go. Truth is, I hated being apart from him- even though, it was only for a few hours. Call me clingy if you want, I don't care... You try being apart from this amazing man...I freaking love him...

"You know..," Laurance pushed some stray strands of hair, that fell in my face. "That I want to talk more about the Gene thing later, right? Not right now, though. Right now, I just want to hold you..."

"W-We will..," I sniffled, burying my face into my boyfriend's chest. "I-I'll try to...e-explain w-what I c-can..."

"Thank you, Sweetheart..," he lifted my head up, to lightly peck my lips. Man, how I missed the pet names. "I love you, so damn much...it's not even funny..."

"C-Can we stop...with the fighting?" I asked, caressing his cheek.

Laurance sighed, running his hands down my back. "As much as I'd love to say, 'yes', I truly don't know...I can't predict the future. Who knows what'll happen..."

I sighed as well, giving him a small kiss on his nose. He blushed a light pink, and I giggled, through tears. We stayed silent once again, as I traced my finger across his chest.

"I love you, too..," I said, proud of myself for not stuttering. "I'm sorry I started all this..."

"Garroth, no... It's my fault. I yelled at you, for something dumb, when I should've just talked things through..," Laurance weakly smiled, leaning his forehead against mine.

We're both at fault here...

"I..," I sighed, thinking back on everything I had said today. "I need to apologize...to Vylad...and Dante..."

"Vylad and Dante?" Laurance rose an eyebrow at me.

I nodded, biting my lip. "I said some pretty...screwed up things to them... And, looking back on it, I feel...horrible..."

"Garroth," Laurance kissed me once again, a bit longer this time. He pulled away from me, staring longingly into my eyes. "It's okay..."

"No, it isn't..," I wiped my eyes, trying to avoid, crying again. "I-I made Vylad- my baby brother- cry...I rarely ever see him cry... And, I'm the one that caused it. I'm a horrible older brother..."

"Garroth, Love, shh..," he shushed me, dragging his finger down my lips. "It's going to be alright... First things first, we need to regroup ourselves. Then, we'll go talk to Vylad and Dante. For now, we just need to...relax."

I scooted off Laurance's lap, crossing my arms. He stared at me, with a confused expression, as I just glared at him. I knew what he was getting at by, 'relax'. My Irene...

"Not submitting to this, Laurance. I know what you're trying to do, and it ain't gonna work. I learned the hard way..," I trailed off, watching his blush darken.

"That's n-not what I was t-trying to g-get across!" Laurance stammered, hiding his face in his hands. It's kind of funny...to see this from the other side. Usually I'm the one, blushing and stuttering. "My Irene, Garroth..."

"Oh? So you don't want to?" I teased, brushing up against my boyfriend.

"Garroth!" Laurance whined, throwing his head back. "Stop doing this to me!"