Chapter 24: Forever and Always

*Laurance's POV*

I stared up at the ceiling, an unwanted silence looming around us. Garroth laid beside me, his head resting on my chest. The only sounds I could hear, was his breathes.

"Garroth..," I muttered his name, earning a small hum of acknowledgement. "...Are you mad at me?"

"Mad at you?" Garroth chuckled a little, looking up at me. "I thought you were mad at me."

"Why would you think that?" I laughed a little, holding Garroth closer to me.

"I dunno..."

I chuckled a bit more, kissing the top of my fiancé's head. I draped my arm around him, allowing him to move his body even closer.

"You know that I love you, right?" I asked Garroth, giving him another kiss. "Always have, always will."

"I love you, too...forever and always..."

~~~

*Garroth's POV*
~The Next Day~

I scanned through the page of my book, finishing up the current chapter I had made it to. After reading the final paragraph, I tapped Laurance's shoulder, gesturing him to hand me my bookmark- which was resting on the stand beside him. Without taking his eyes off of his darn phone, he handed it to me.

I sighed, feeling the awkwardness return. I wanted o start a conversation, but I'm not good at that. Why can't he just get my signals? Am I hard to read? Is that bad? Good? I don't know anymore...

"What time is it?" I eventually asked Laurance, as I closed the book I had been into recently.

"Nine...in the afternoon," Laurance smirked, shutting his phone off, and shoving it into his pocket.

"There's no, 'nine in the afternoon', Laurance," I rolled my eyes, standing up.

Laurance chuckled, standing up with me. "There is, if you believe there is."

"I'm not about to get into a petty argument, over something this idiotic."

I tossed my book onto the coffee table, stretching my arms. Well, maybe I was actually able to accomplish starting a conversation. I am proud, and will treat myself later...if it actually works.

"Aww, c'mon, Love," Laurance wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning his forehead on mine.

Use logic! That's sure to confuse him!

"9 a.m. is before noon; and 9 p.m. is at night. Therefore, there is no such thing as-"

"Well, is p.m. after noon?"

He's got us cornered! He's using logic, as well!

"Uh...yes?"

"Therefore, it's after-noon. See?" He chuckled, kissing my cheek. I couldn't help but smile. Glad to know that the awkwardness was slowly starting to fade between us. "I can be smart, when I want to. Not that often, though."

I laughed, pushing his light brown hair out of his face. I held my hand on his cheek, lovingly staring up at my fiancé.

"Don't say that, Laurance. You're incredibly smart...90 percent of the time," I giggled a little, giving him a small, yet sweet, kiss. "Other times, you can be just a tad...uh...silly. I suppose."