Chapter 17: Teenage Years

*Laurance's POV*
~2 Days Later~

I stared off into space, thoughts racing across my mind. Garroth's head was resting on my shoulder, and my hands laid on my lap. The past couple of days, I've been thinking...about Garroth and I. How our relationship was in Middle and High School. It's strange to think, how far we've come...

"Hey, Laurance...what'cha thinking 'bout?" Garroth traced his fingers along my leg, his other hand holding onto my forearm.

"Hot teenage Garroth," I replied. I wasn't lying to him. Teenage Garroth, oh man.

"Oh? So, you're saying I'm not hot, now?!" Garroth huffed, turning his head. I chuckled, holding his cheek- to make him face me.

"I never said that, Love."

"You implied it!" Garroth pulled away from me. "If you think teenage Garroth was so freaking sexy, why didn't you do more than just kiss him in High School?"

"Because teenage Laurance was an idiot-...wait, what?" I processed everything that Garroth had said. "I didn't kiss you in High School."

"Yeah, you did. Remember? Right, here..," Garroth pointed to the area, close to his cheek and lips. Strange...

Okay, why would teenage Laurance kiss someone there? Especially, Garroth! I'm pretty sure I would've remembered, if I kissed him! That seems like a pretty big deal. Maybe it was just one of Garroth's fantasies, and he thought it was real. I don't remember..-

Oh my Irene! I did "kiss" him there!

"Garroth! My Irene! That feels like it was so long ago! I barely remember that! How did you remember that?!"

"Never really forgot it," Garroth giggled a small bit. "You shocked me so much, I swear I almost fainted. How could you do that, to poor, small, innocent, teenage Garroth?"

"Lot of adjectives," I chuckled, lightly kissing my fiancé's cheek. "But, man, Garroth. How old were we? Like...16?"

"You were 15, I had just recently turned 16. 'Cause I am older than you, loser!" Garroth stuck his tongue out at me, giggling some more. "We were Sophomores. Remember, now? Dante, Travis, and Vylad were there. They can vouch for me."

Aww, I remember it all now. We were so young, and naïve. Mostly, stupid, teenage Laurance. Man, what an idiot, for not seeing that Garroth was obsessed with him. Looking back, it was kind of blatantly obvious. That "kiss" should've gave it away!

Why do you keep emphasizing kiss like that?

Because, it wasn't really a kiss. Our lips, grazed his skin, near his lips.

That's called a kiss, my dear Laurance.

Well, it was supposed to be a fake one, at the time!

"Man, Love...anything else happen, that foreshadowed our future relationship?"

"Hm..," Garroth stopped tracing along my leg, bringing his finger to his chin. "...well, how about when you pretended we were dating?"