Chapter 35: Shorty

*Laurance's POV*
~1 Month Later~

Five more months... The days are going by all too fast... I'm not sure how to feel about all of this...

Is it the anticipation? But, wouldn't that make time seem slower? ...Perhaps, it's the anxiety. Honestly, I'm panicking a little inside, the closer the date gets. What month is it, now? December? Oh, crap...we also have the holidays coming up...

Why does adulting have to be so stressful? There's work; bills; holidays; weddings; and all of this other stuff, that just piles on and on. Don't get me wrong, I love most of it, but...it's strenuating.

"Hey, Garroth," I whispered over to my fiancé, who was half-asleep beside me. He hummed a little, turning to face me. "What time is it?"

He rolled his beautiful blue eyes, glancing over at the clock. "Like... one in the morning... Are you tired, at all?"

"Not really," I lightly chuckled, wrapping my arm around his smaller body. "Are you?"

Garroth snuggled close to my body, nodding a little. I couldn't help but smile at him. He is the cutest thing, I'm telling you. I cannot stress enough, how adorable he is.

"I'm a growing boy, I need my sleep," Garroth weakly giggled, clutching my chest.

"Growing?" I laughed, petting his hair. "In what universe? I think this is the height you're going to stay for the rest of your life, Love. You haven't grown, since we moved here, Shorty."

Garroth glared up at me, shaking his head. "Shorty?! I'm not that short! You're just tall!"

"You're shorter than all of us, dear," I kissed his forehead, and he huffed.

"Not true!" Garroth scoffed, letting go of me. "I'm taller than...Aphmau! And, Vylad! And even, Zane! And, Lucinda, Kawaii~Chan and I, are roughly the same height!"

Aww, look at him try and defend his short stature.

"And guess what, Love...they're short, too. And also, Sweetheart, most of those people you named are girls... I'm not being sexist here, but typically- not all the time, don't get me wrong- girls are shorter than guys," I booped his nose, trying to hold him again. However, he pulled away from me again, crossing his arms.

"Not all of them are girls! Uh...Zane isn't! And, uh...um..," Garroth bit his lip, his eyes wavering. "Listen! I'm not short! I am the average height!"

"Hun, 4'11, ain't average," I teased him.

"I'm not 4'11! Gah!" Garroth threw his head back, dragging his hands down his face. "You know full well, I am over five feet! You can't even lie about that!"

"You know what, Love? I'm suddenly tired. We'll finish this dispute in the morning. Good night," I chuckled a little bit more, turning on my side.

"Laurance!" Garroth groaned, and I heard him shift in bed. "Why do you have to be such a butt?"

"And why do you have to be so short? It hurts my back, to always have to lean down to just kiss you. I feel sorry for your poor toes, with how much you have to stand on them, to reach me."