Chapter 43: Acquaintances

*Laurance's POV*

"Again, guys, sorry about that question. I know I shouldn't have asked that," Dante's face was red, as Vylad shook his head.

I regret coming over here. I should've listened to Garroth. Why am I so dumb? I really am kind of stupid, for even getting in a radius of Gene's presence.

"Ya think?" I glared at Dante, wanting to hurt someone at this point. Specifically Gene, for showing his stupid face at MY wedding.

Sadly though, I couldn't do that. Because, I made a promise to Garroth. Don't want to ruin things on my Wedding night. That would suck. And not the good kind, unfortunately-...

Okay, I'll stop now.

"Okay, guys," Dante clapped his hands together once again, clearing his throat. "You three need to come on neutral ground."

"Say what?" Garroth, Gene and I all said unison. Was he freaking serious?

"I agree with that one, Dante," Vylad nodded, lightly shoving his idiotic husband out of the way. "We all have our faults. Gene, especially. And, I am not saying to forgive and forget. I am mostly saying, to just...hate each other in silence."

"What on Earth are you talking about, little boy?" Gene held a hand over his heart, gasping slightly. "I would never hate Garroth."

I gripped tightly onto the tablecloth, again. I want to hit him, so bad. Can I? Like, is that a thing I could do, without pissing off my boyfr- husband? Probably not. But, that doesn't mean I can't fantasize about it.

"Yeah, uh-huh," Vylad clearly dismissed Gene, as he stared down Garroth and I. "All I'm saying is, just...as Dante put, stand on neutral ground. Become, just, acquaintances."

"Acquaintances?" Garroth gave Vylad a 'really' look, shaking his head. "Is that really the best term you could come up with?"

"You get the gist," Vylad softly giggled, resting his head on Dante's shoulder.

I glanced over at Garroth, who seemed unamused with the situation at hand. I didn't even want to look at Gene, right now. I can't believe he decided to show his ugly face 'round here.

"Laurance," Garroth softly spoke my name. "You know why Dante and Vylad want us to stand on neutral ground with Gene, right?"

"Uh, no...not really," I responded, deciding to glare at Gene. Him and his cold, blue eyes.

"I'll tell you later. But for now," Garroth stood up from his seat, looking Gene dead in the eye.

Gene stood as well, smiling a little. I crossed my arms, not liking this one bit. Can't we just tell him to leave? Wouldn't that be the simpler thing to do?

Garroth outstretched his hand, putting on an obviously fake smile. It was easy to tell, he was also trying his hardest not to punch Gene in his face. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Puts my mind at ease.

"Gene, I'll never agree with you, but believe me when I say, that I am willing to become just acquantices. No hate, not love, not even friendship. Just a sense of neutrality, and peace. Laurance here won't say it, but he agrees."