Chapter 15: The Last of Gene

*Garroth's POV*

I watched Gene's movements carefully, making sure he didn't try anything. I've learned from my mistakes. Last time, is going to remain the last time. Because, screw Gene.

No. Don't screw Gene. That's bad Garroth. You have a boyfriend.

You've been spending way too much time around Laurance.

Nah. You can never spend too much time around him. He's amazing. ♡

Yeah. He is.

Laurance gestured Gene to sit in a chair, as we sat on the couch opposite of him. I crossed my arms, glaring at him. Bad memories ran through my head, remembering everything that he's ever done to me. All the times he's hurt me.

I glanced over at Laurance, to see he was feeling the same thing. It was uncomfortable, to be in the same perimeter as Gene. It's still not to late, to get the police involved. No, I can't do that. Why do I have to be a good person!?

"Gene. I am watching a timer. You have five minutes to explain yourself, then get the Hell out of our house," I threatened, clicking a timer on. "Go."

Gene took in a breath, looking down. He held his hands together, gaze constantly shifting. It was a bit odd, to see him like this. Eventually, he looked up, his smirk faded.

Don't fall for his pity act, again. Stay strong.

"Garroth, Laurance," Gene sighed, biting down on his bottom lip. "I'm truly sorry..."

Don't fall for this again. Hold yourself together.

"Continue," I bluntly stated, seeing his words as nothing.

To me, they were nothing. All the horrible things he made me do in Middle School. Bringing me up in our adulthood, just to tear me down, again. I don't care how he magickally came to his senses, I don't buy it. He is a terrible person.

Remember? Back when you two dated. He-

Shut up! Don't bring it up! Never mention that one again! Block it from our memory, all together. It NEVER happened...

You can't just forget what happened. You remember it vividly.

But looking back, I regret EVERYTHING he and I EVER did. Gene is just a complete...

Jerk. Just go with "jerk".

Oh, he's more than just a jerk. But, just to keep this as PG as possible...

I think we crossed the "PG" limit, a while ago.

You know what? Let's just go back to bashing Gene?

I like that idea.

"Guys, I am truly sorry. I don't expect forgiveness, nor do I want it. I promise to be out of your hair, for good, when this is all over..," Gene let out a shaky breath, leaning his head back. What was with him? "I talked with Zenix and Sasha. And, they both had a lot of good points. What I am doing, is insane. I've been trying too damn hard."

"For what?!" I snapped, balling my fists.

Laurance looked over at me, placing his hand on my shoulder. The comforting look in his eyes, calmed me down. He always had that magickal ability, to do that. It's just another thing, to add onto the list of, 'Reasons I'm Freaking In Love With Laurance Zvahl'. Yeah, it's a very long list.

"I've been trying too damn hard, to win you back, Garroth," Gene looked at me, small tears pooling in his eyes.

Laurance's grip on my shoulder tightened, and I could tell he was getting pissed. I removed his hand off my shoulder, holding his hand in mine. His grip loosened a bit, but I could tell he was fighting back anger at this point. I don't blame him, though.

"Win him back?!" Laurance yelled, jumping up and letting go of my hand. I gently pushed him back down, holding onto his hand once again, to calm him down. "You're the one that broke up with him! The reason I met Garroth in the first place, was because you crushed his heart! He was balling his eyes out, and emotionally devastated for months! It didn't help that you freaking bullied him! He was a wreck! All those months after I met Garroth, he was hurting! All because of you!"

Oh, dear...

Gene laughed a little, holding his head in his hand. I bit the inside of my cheek, turning away from my fiancé. Oh, man...

"You don't know the whole story, do you Laurance?" Gene laughed a bit more, a small smirk appearing on his face. "I thought your boyfriend here, told you everything?"

"W-what?" Laurance's voice was shaky.

Damn it! Why did Gene have to mention anything!

"Laurance, i-it's nothing. I'll tell you some other time. Gene, you have two minutes. Continue," I tried my best, to dodge the subject.

"Right, well...Garroth, I tried my best, to win you back," Gene started. "Because, something you don't know...is the reason I broke up with you... But, unfortunately, I don't have time to delve into that one," Gene gestured to my phone, in which a timer was counting down. "So, I just wanna say...listen, Ro'Meave- err... Garroth... I'm really sorry, for everything. I promise not to mess with you, or Laurance, anymore. I'm moving on...I promise."

The timer rang, signifying Gene's time was up. He stood up, heading over to the door. Keeping Laurance's hand in mine, we followed Gene over. I let go of his hand, swinging open the front door, and gesturing Gene out. He obliged, giving me a tiny smile. He looked me over, his eyes widening a little.

"Is that an engagement ring?" Gene gestured to the ring Laurance had given me. I nodded, admiring it myself. "It's beautiful. You two are getting married, eh? Perhaps, you'll invite us to the ceremony?"

I thought for a moment, an unnoticeable smirk now replacing my scowl. I glanced at Laurance, who had balled his fists. Turning back to Gene, I made my smirk more noticeable.

"Piss off."

And with that, I slammed the door right in his stupid face. I turned back to my fiancé, who had started laughing his head off. He kissed my cheek, taking his hand in mine.

"I love you so damn much," he admitted.

"I know you do~"

~~~

*Gene's POV*

I stood in somewhat shock, as Garroth slammed the door in my face. I loved seeing him get worked up. It was kinda hot...

But, now, I have to stay true to my promise. The promise, stupid Zenix and Sasha made me set with them. It was dumb! Why won't they just let me still try for Garroth?! I get that they both like me, but still...

And now, he's getting freaking married! To stupid Laurance!

"Gene! Are you done, yet?!" Zenix called, from our shared car. I groaned, nodding.

Was this really going to be the last of us..?

~~~