Chapter 29: The Truth

A/N- Chapter is going to deal with some PRETTY HEAVY themes. Be warned. I would normally list them out, but for spoiler sakes...I can't. Just know, some pretty dark stuff will be mentioned, which can (not saying definitely, but may...) include- sexual reference (not action. This is PG, crossing the PG-13 line, just a tad), alcohol and/or drug reference, and maybe even more darker things. Just a heads up... Also, no question will be answered at the end of the chapter, for reasons. They will return next chapter. Now, onto writing (for you lovely people- reading) this chapter...

~~~

*Laurance's POV*

"Guys? What are you two doing here?"

"Laurance...we have something serious, that we must tell you... We can't keep it to ourselves, anymore... It's serious," Dante sighed, looking around. "Is Garroth home?"

I bit my lip, afraid of what he was going to say. Was something the matter? Was it good news? Bad news? They aren't showing it in their body language, very well. I slowly nodded, and Dante sighed again.

"Where is he?" Dante crossed his arms, stepping into my home. Vylad followed behind him, looking slightly worried.

"In his room, b-but...uh..," I trailed off, my gaze shifting to the stairs, for a brief moment.

When I turned back to face them, Dante had nodded at Vylad. Vylad nodded back, heading upstairs. This whole event was just too confusing. What was going on?

"Laurance," Dante snapped my attention back to him. "Remember our conversation at the pool, yesterday?"

Oh...that conversation...

~Flashback~

"So, Laurance," Dante chuckled under his breath, turning to face me. I nodded in acknowledgement. "How are things going between you and Garroth?"

I shrugged, looking down at the water. "They're going."

"Have you guys..," Dante smirked, obviously holding back a laugh.

"Not gonna answer, whatever you say..."

"Aw, man..."

We both shared a laugh, as Dante snapped his fingers. I turned my head, looking over at Vylad and Garroth. Everything that's happened, has been bugging me so much. But, I try not to show it. I have to keep my spirits high...for myself, and Garroth's, sake.

"Laurance..," Dante brought my attention back to him. "Yesterday, Vylad and I were talking... And, he told me about what went on in High School. Garroth and Gene actually dated, huh? Not a joke?"

I groaned, balling my fists. How Dante could be related to someone such as Gene, is beyond belief. Gene is just...ugh! I don't even know. I hate him so damn much.

Is this a jealousy thing?

What do you mean?

It seems, that the people we are the least fond of...are Garroth's ex-romances. Gene is his ex-boyfriend, and Ivy... She was kind of, super into him.