Decision ~ You keep running

Decision ~ You keep running to the lodge

Your Pov

Despite all the yells I received behind me, I kept running as tears started to cloud my vision.

I started having flashbacks to running after Hannah and Beth last year and collapsed on the ground, holding my head in my hands.

I began to whimper and cry harder, on the verge of a panic attack. I heard footsteps coming towards me and figured it was just Sam or Chris coming after me. I pulled my knees into my chest and continued to hold my head and cry.

"(Y/n)??" A voice that sounded very concerned asked.

I didn't look up and just ignored the voice all together. It wasn't until a felt hands grab my shoulders that I looked up with misty eyes. To my surprise I saw Josh, crouched in front of me.

 To my surprise I saw Josh, crouched in front of me

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?"

I couldn't answer him because I felt that terrible weight on my chest again, making it hard to breathe.

"Hey, hey calm down beautiful it's okay, you're going to be okay." Josh said as he held my hands.

To my surprise, I felt the weight leave my chest. I took a deep breath and then collapsed into Josh's arms, sobbing. Josh held me tight as I cried into his shoulder.

Josh stroked my hair and rocked us gently back and forth.

"I'm sorry Josh, I'm so so sorry." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"What? You have nothing to be sorry for."

"It's all my fault.. it's all my fault." I sobbed.

"You tried to save them, you even ran after them yourself. You did all you could."

"No! I should have done more!" My yell came out muffled because I still had my face in Joshs shoulder. "It's not fair!"

"I know... and I know that being here is hard on you, it's hard on all of us but the whole point of this trip is to spend time with each other.. reconnecting with each other and having an unforgettable time. And the best part is, I'll be here with you all week to help you. It's going to be okay, you just have to stop blaming yourself. Okay?"

"I-i can try."

Josh pulled away and cupped my face, with his hands, wiping away my tears.

"Good, now c'mon where's that smile?" Josh sang.

I scrunched my nose and smiled softly.

"There it is!" He cried happily, causing me to laugh.

"Nooooo I have a terrible smile." I blush.

"Oh c'mon you know your smile is gorgeous." Josh smiled. I blushed harder and nudged him with my elbow.

"Oh shush, let's just go see the others." I said as Josh hesitantly held my hand. I smiled and looked down at are hands and then I looked up at Josh.

"Lead the way Joshua!" I teased.

~~