Chapter 9 ~ Going going gone

Your Pov

I was running through a beautiful field, filled with flowers. A gentle breeze whipped my hair around my face and I giggled slightly.

Then, I felt arms wrap around my waist, picking me up from behind and spinning me around. I laughed as the person put me down. I turned to see Josh, standing there with his signature goofy grin, blushing.

"Hey beautiful." He said, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Hi Joshua." I giggled.

"(Y-yn)."

"Yeah?"

"Wake up."

"What?"

"You need to wake up, now!"

*End dream*

"(Y/n), wake up!" I heard a voice call.

"Josh?" I muttered before I had opened my eyes.

"No, it's Chris. Get up quick, we gotta go."

I opened my eyes slowly to see Chris hovering over me with a worried expression. "Wait, where's Josh and Ashley?" Then, I remembered the masked man and his chilling words to me and his terrifying demeanor.

"We have to go find them, they could be in danger." Chris was trying so hard to be courageous but I could see right through him, he was just as terrified as I was. Seeing through people was almost like a gift of mine.

"Okay." I agreed. "Let's go find them."

We continued down the main halls, hoping for any signs of Josh and or Ashley. Chris held up Ashley's wallet, which was lying on the floor and gasped, putting his hand on his mouth. "Oh no. This is not good."

I gulped and tried to get him to keep moving so we could find our friends. At the end of the hall we reached a door which surprisingly enough it wasn't locked.

Once Chris opened the door, we saw a huge blood stain on the wall. "Holy.."

"Shit." I finished for him.

We took off running, following a blood trail all the way outside. Once we reached a large shed I could hear crying inside.

"Ashley!?" Chris yelled hopefully.

"Chris?! Oh my god Chris! Help! He tied me up in here. I'm so scared. Please please please please help!" Ashley sobbed.

"Just stay calm Ash, were coming to help you."

We entered the shed and before long we found Ashley and Josh. They were tied to a large wooden board, Josh was still passed out and Ash tried yelling for him to wake up. Another thing I just so happened to notice was that there was a huge saw blade set up on some tracks that either led to Josh or Ashley.

 Another thing I just so happened to notice was that there was a huge saw blade set up on some tracks that either led to Josh or Ashley

My eyes went wide with shock and my heart skipped a beat. "Josh!" I yelled, with tears running down my face.

Josh began to stir and struggle against his restraints. He opened his eyes and immediately spotted me. "(Y/n)! Oh god oh god oh god." Josh mumbled over and over.

"It's going to be okay! We'll get you guys out of there!" Chris yelled.

Suddenly, a loud voice rang out all around me and I started sobbing harder, clinging to Chris.

"Hello, and thank you all for joining me. Tonight we are going to conduct a little experiment.. a sort of test. Now for this experiment we'll need the participation of our two test subjects.. Ashley and Joshua." The madman's words sent chills down my spine and I screamed for Josh and Ash.

I wanted to run over and save the two of them but I couldn't, because there was a fence blocking us from them.

Josh and Ashley were still screaming for help as the man continued talking over the speakers.

"But we're going to need one more brave participant to help us decide, which subject will live and which will die."

"No!!!" I screamed, bashing against the gate but soon losing all my energy. I almost collapsed but Chris caught me.

"No you can't do this! Let me down from here you maniac!" Josh sobbed.

"Chris you can't let me die!" Ashley screamed.

Josh seemed a little taken aback by her words but before he could say anything, the psycho started talking again.

"Please, please everyone calm down, it's all very simple.. Christopher you will find a lever placed directly in front of you.. all you have to do.. is choose who you will save!"

"Chris we can't kill them! We have to help them." I was panicking at this point, trying to figure out a way to break them free.

"Oh and one more thing," The psycho added. "If you try to break them out I will kill you all."

Chris seemed to be in deep thought and he stared at the lever in front of him. He put his hand on the lever and started at it intently. I knew he was going to save Ashley, I just knew it. He started to pull the lever towards Ashley, ignoring both of their cries and pleas.

"No!" I screamed, lunging for Chris. I pulled the lever towards Josh in one swift movement, not thinking of my actions.

"(Y/n)! Why the hell are you doing!" Chris yelled.

"I'm so sorry." I sobbed.

"Ah.. I see... You have chosen to save Ashley."

"NO! What did I do!?" Josh screamed.

"What?! I meant Josh, no!" I yelled at the ceiling, trying to get the psychos attention. But, he stayed silent. I watched in horror as the saw inched closer and closer to Josh. I screamed and pounded on the gate.

The saw blade started cutting into Josh as I screamed in agony. Josh was screaming as well, due to the pain. Josh's body was severed in half and the lower part of his body fell to the floor and his guts spilled everywhere.

A door that I hadn't noticed opened itself and me and Chris ran inside.

"Chris! Get me down from here!" Ashley cried frantically.

Chris ran over to Ashley and started to untie her. "Don't look Ash." He instructed. I on the other hand, walked up to Josh's body and stared in disbelief.

"C'mon (y/n), we have to go." Chris yelled.

I glanced in their direction to see Ashley glaring at me.

"You were going to kill me!" She screamed at me.

"I'm sorry, I just wasn't thinking straight please understand." I pleaded.

"Understand this." Ashley said as she backhanded me across the face. I fell to the floor and held my cheek.

"C'mon Ash we need to go." Chris whispered.

I didn't bother looking at them as they left the shed. I pulled off Josh's beanie that was still on my head and clung to it as I sobbed. The saw blade was still spinning and I had a sudden thought. If Josh was dead then what's the point? I stared at the spinning blade and then Josh's body.

Should you kill yourself with the saw blade? Or should you keep going?

Btw I'm sorry this chapter sucks..