Chapter 12 ~ Wendigo hunters?

Emily's Pov

The tower had collapsed and Matt had abandoned me. He jumped to (y/n) and Josh. I was beyond pissed, I mean that fucker basically murdered me! I tried to take a deep breath and calm down as I tried to figure out where I was.

I figured out I had fallen into the mines and searched around for any kind of way out. I found an abandoned elevator and decided to see it was working, which of course it wasn't.

I looked for some kind of fuse box or anything to start it up and get the hell out of here. I found a latter and tried to climb it to see if there was a fuse box or anything but when I was halfway up, the ladder broke and I fell backwards, deeper into the mines.

I screamed as I bounced off of rocks and landed on the hard ground. I rubbed my sore legs and continued into the mines.

I stopped in my tracks when I thought I heard something walking behind me. I froze and listened for the noise again but I heard nothing. I started walking and then the nosie started again.

"I know you're there!" I yelled. "Might as well show yourself!"

Right after I spoke, a heinous monster jumped in front of my path.

I screamed at the sight of the deformed monster in front of me and turned to run the other way

I screamed at the sight of the deformed monster in front of me and turned to run the other way. I took off as the monster chased me at an inhuman speed. I cried and yelled for Matt, even though I knew he wouldn't hear me.

I slowed down when I thought I lost the monster but it jumped in front of me again, causing me to fall backwards.

Unknown Pov

I watched as the Wendigo walked slowly towards Emily. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. I honestly didn't care if the creature hurt her or not. But I knew I would be too guilty if I let her get killed by the creature. I sighed and adjusted my flamethrower on my back, aiming it towards the Wendigo.

I pulled the trigger and burned the Wendigo. It screeched and flailed around trying to extinguish itself but its attempts were pathetic and with a final scream, the Wendigo died.

I took a step towards Emily and she moved backwards on the ground. She looked terrified. Of course of all people it had to be Emily. At least it wasn't Mike, I definitely would have let the Wendigo kill him. Maybe...

"Get up." I demanded.

"Excuse me?" Emily scoffed.

"I said get up! Now!"

Emily scrambled to her feet and stood up nervously. "Who are you." Emily asked, trying to sound brave.

I stepped directly in front of her and she gasped in shock.

"Hannah!" Emily cried. "You're alive! I'm so so sorry!" Emily burst into tears. I felt something weird in my chest. Was it sadness? Pity? Anger?

I shouldn't feel any pity for Emily or anyone else who participated in that disgusting prank. I should want some kind of revenge. But I don't. Emily threw her arms around me and hugged me, which took me by surprise. Emily wasn't a very emotional person.

I finally hugged her back and she cried on my shoulder.

When Emily finally calmed down she started asking me a thousand questions. "Wait, how are you alive down here? And where's Beth?"

I chuckled before responding. "Well you see, after I ran out into the storm, Beth came after me and comforted me. Then, we got chased by something and took off running until we reached the cliff and then there was a man with a flamethrower, Victor, he tried to save us but we ended up falling. I broke my leg in the fall and Beth broke both her legs. This is where it gets interesting.. That man, Victor came into the mines and found us. That creature you just saw was a Wendigo, he explained what they were and that he hunted them and he asked us if we'd like to help him. So we've been down here hunting Wendigo ever since."

"But what about Josh?? He's been heartbroken!" Emily yelled. "And (y/n)... Oh don't even get me started on her."

"Oh yeah... How's everyone doing?"

"Not great... (Y/n) has gotten really bad... She blames herself for not reaching you in time." Emily explained.

"What?" I asked, puzzled.

"She ran after you guys that night but she got knocked unconscious."

"Poor (y/n)... I had no idea. How's my brother?"

"He's... not good... He's changed a lot, since he thinks you guys are dead but I think him and (y/n) have talked to each other so that's good I guess."

(In this story, Ashley and Chris didn't tell Emily and Matt that Josh "died" they just said there was a psycho and they needed to get help.)

"Can we go see them?"

"Well if you can get us out of these goddamn mines."

I took Emily further into the cave to where me, Beth and Victor had been holding up. Well we also went to the sanitorium from time to time but it was best to catch the Wendigo from here.

When we reached our hiding spot Beth ran out to greet me but stopped in her tracks. Just like me, Beth had a flamethrower attached to her back. Beth crossed her arms and glared at Emily.

For the second time that day, Emily burst into tears. Beth seemed shocked at Emily's reaction and uncrossed her arms.

Beth gave her a small, sad smile and opened her arms for Emily. Emily collapsed into Beth's arms and continued to cry. Man I did not peg Emily as a crier.

"Beth, I am so so so sorry!" Emily sobbed.

"It's okay Em.. we're okay."

I cleared my throat and the girls separated. "Beth, it's time to go see the others. Leave a note for Victor."

We left a short note for Victor, explaining that someone found us and we were going to talk to our "friends" at the lodge.

"Don't worry, we'll be back." Beth said.