-Three: Now You See Me-

I'll take that recommendation under advisement. But I wouldn't underestimate Prongs or Padfoot, not when they've put their mind to something. What are you doing Scamander's homework on? I'm not sure if I should do the Unforgivable Curses or The Dangers of Basilisk Breeding.

-R

Nah, screw that. I'm doing Werewolves. More interesting, less chance of accidently being called out for knowing too much (what are they going to do? Accuse me of being a werewolf?). I have thoroughly done my research on Potter and Black's history with things like this, have no fear. It's you I'm worried about. Am I underestimating you, Mr. Lupin?

-H

Remus reread the note again as he sat in one of the comfortable sofas around the grate in Gryffindor common room. James and Sirius were caught up in a game of Exploding Snap, and Peter had been sent up to the dormitory to collect the Invisibility Cloak. It had been two days since Remus and Helia had endured Professor Scamander together and, since then, the note had been passed back and forth. Remus had dropped it in Helia's bag on the way out of the Great Hall, and Helia had somehow managed to get the scrap of parchment inside the Owl Pops cereal that Remus usually had for breakfast. Today was Saturday, the day that Remus' fears about 'not stalking a possible psychopath' were coming to fruition, since, as Sirius put it last night, "She disappeared off the bloody map".

The clock above the fireplace read nine twenty when Peter reappeared at the foot of the stairs leading to the boy's dormitory. James and Sirius immediately cleared the deck of cards off the table, game forgotten. Lupin uncurled himself and leaned forward, elbows on knees, to hear the plan of attack. The Marauder's Map and Invisibility Cloak were produced along with the mirrors they sometimes use to talk while in separate detentions, and Sirius, who had taken over the role of "Chief Planner, I guess. What, Prongs? You wanna come up with a better title?", outlined his strategy for the night.

....................................................

"Helia!"

They caught up with the dark haired girl on the fifth floor, heading down yet another of the stone corridors lined with complicated engravings. James and Sirius were attempting to move on silent feet under the invisibility cloak while Peter scampered across the floor in rat form. Helia turned to see him, not looking surprised in the least, though she rarely looked surprised by anything, and waited for Remus to catch up. Remus suddenly became aware that he couldn't remember the last time he had spoken to her.

"Lupin" Helia said, sounding faintly amused. Her voice was deep, for a girl's. Deeper than he expected. "Out of the Gryffindor tower after curfew? I always knew you were a rebel at heart"

Lupin smiled. He could feel James' shoulder brush against his own as he and Sirius moved forward to try and scout out the corridor ahead. "I could say the same about you" he said lightly.

"You could" Helia nodded "But then I'd be the first one to point out that the fact that I'm out here every night, roaming the halls like a crazy person, while you're tucked up in bed. I should warn you" Helia leaned over to him, her voice low. She smelled like ginger and rain, which shouldn't have worked and yet oddly did. "There are Malfoys roaming these halls. Anything could happen to an innocent little Gryffindor."

"I'm taller than you" Lupin pointed out.

Helia's mouth twitched as it did when she was fighting off a laugh. "Hightist!" She accused "I'll have you know I'm only three inches below average. I blame it on excessive consumption of skittles at a young age."

"Skittles?" Lupin asked, slightly amazed. The idea of Helia Blacksmith living off anything but the blood of the innocent and mild indignation was something that had never occurred to him.