-Six: Ghostly Galleon-

"Up and at 'em, Wolfy. Today's the day. The first one of the year."

Remus groaned as a candle was thrust into his field of vision, punctuating the calm darkness with it's warm glow. He glanced at the clock that hung in the dormitory, and then up at Sirius, who was holding the offensive article. "Really?" he moaned "Today's the day you decide to be punctual? It's 3am. You realise I don't have to be anywhere for another four hours?"

Sirius grinned at his friend. "That is where you're wrong, Moony. War council. Common room. Now."

Remus heaved himself into a sitting position. He had returned to the dormitory at twelve thirty the previous night after talking to Helia, and he was now running ridiculously low on energy. The full moon that tonight promised didn't do anything to help, either. He was supposed to leave for the shrieking shack today, under the pretence of illness, so that when his true wolfy nature was revealed at sunset he would be safely away from the populace of the school.

The stairs creaked conspicuously under his feet, making him wince. "War council?" Remus asked in a voice that was clearly I'm-too-tired-to-whisper-but-I'm-trying-my-best-you-better-appreciate-it "Please do not tell me that James-"

"Guys, Blacksmith wont know what hit her." James' voice drifted up the stairs. He wasn't even attempting subtlety. Remus groaned again.

Remus followed Sirius into the Common Room where he collapsed in one of the sofas surrounding the fire. James was pacing back and forth along the hearth rug, Peter was sat on the floor with his knees pulled up to his chest and his back leaning against an armchair and Sirius joined Remus on a couch. "Really?" Remus said for the second time that night. "Can't you just let something go for once?"

James pointed his wand at Remus. "Glad to see you could join us, Moony."

Remus ignored him. "We can't even do anything tonight anyway."

"We are fully aware that you will be reaching full wolf capacity in T minus fifteen hours." James said, the firelight casting eerie shadows across his grinning face. "That's exactly the plan. I've given up on catching her for the time being. I just want to remind her exactly who she's dealing with." 

At Remus' continued look of confusion, Sirius added "As I understand it, Blacksmith is planning a little excursion tonight."

"Then what-?" Remus felt dawning realisation hit his face. "Absolutely not."

"Took him a while to get it." Sirius said, amusement lighting up his tone.

"Maybe I didn't expect you to consider something so stupid." Remus snapped, then frowned. He never snapped.

Peter raised his hand tentatively. "Uh, I  don't know what the plan is." He said quietly.

Sirius grinned "Of course you don't."

Remus rolled his eyes and sighed. "Helia has  been hinting at knowing that I'm a werewolf. Not that that's any excuse." He said, shooting a look at Sirius and James' smug faces. "It's too dangerous to use me as bait. I could bite her. Or kill her."

"Not with us around." James said confidently. "We'll keep you in check. And we aren't planning on her actually finding  you."

Remus raised his eyebrows. "Really? What's the idea then?"

If it were possible, James' grin grew "Guess who's plan we're following this time?"

Remus closed his eyes. Oh, crap.

........................................

"Blacksmith, wait."

Helia stopped in her tracks and glanced at the ceiling, mentally counting to ten , before she turned around. Severus Snape stood at his potions desk even though the class had been dismissed, watching her suspiciously. Helia stared at him, making it clear that, if he wanted to talk, he would have to be the one to narrow the several feet between them. Snape grudgingly obliged.