-Thirty Six: Armageddon-

There are four things you should know about the 21st of June:

1) It was a full moon.

2) It was the day where an organized meeting between Helia Blacksmith the mudblood and Fenrir Greyback the werewolf was taking place.

3) Helia Blacksmith the mudblood and a nameless muggle held onto that day as a sign of something. Something that, as a matter of plot device, will remain hidden until an opportune moment.

4) None of these things would have mattered had it not been for Dean Blacksmith.

Have you got all that? Helia's been waiting so long for tomorrow, dreading and coveting it. Remus has been treating it the same way that I- that is, your omnipresent narrator- treat a particularly difficult piece of Chemistry homework: i.e. ignoring it and hoping it went away.

I hope you're ready.

........................

"Blacksmith's not here."

Those were not the words that Remus expected to wake up to the night before a full moon. Sirius and James were stood at the side of his bed, Sirius with a clenched jaw and James appearing exhausted as they looked down at him. Remus shifted and made a questioning noise as he blinked sunlight from his eyes. He glanced around the dormitory.

"I should hope not." he mumbled sleepily, indicating the room with his eyebrows.

"She disappeared last night." Sirius said, ignoring his friend. "No one knows where she went."

Remus pulled himself into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes. "So you think...?"

"Twenty first of June is tomorrow." James supplied by way of confirmation.

"Crap." Remus rubbed his forehead thoughtfully. "Who's going after her?"

James and Sirius shared a look. "No one."

"What?" Remus was out of bed in a shock, pulling on jeans. "You can't just... Dumbledore has to want to send someone."

James looked at the ground. "He told us to stay out of it."

"Fuck." Remus ran a hand through his hair, gripping the roots in a clenched fist. "Fuck." Sensing James's uncomfortable shuffle, he glanced at his friend with a frown. "What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing." James lied with an easy grin.

"Prongs." Remus said. "I have known you for six years. I know when you're lying."

James sighed. "I heard Blacksmith yelling at Dumbledore in his office a few weeks ago." he admitted.

Remus waited. "And?"

"She was shouting about... killing someone. She was going to kill someone and Dumbledore wouldn't let her. She was going on and on about the Order just being a kids club or something, that we're all going to end up like her." he shrugged helplessly. "I'm not sure what she meant by most of it."

"And when she said someone, you presumed...?" Remus was starting to see pieces fit together. Not all of them. Like, one or two.

"That it was you." Sirius finished.

Remus paused his pacing. Sirius and James shared another look and stepped forward, knowing just where this was going. "But what if it's not?" Remus said quietly.

He grabbed his jacket off an armchair and ran out of the room.

"Moony..."

Remus didn't stick around long enough to find out what Sirius was saying.