-PART ONE: Angels Falling-

"And then I remember- monsters are more dangerous when they're afraid."

-Victoria Aveyard

..........................................

"What is that thing?"

"It looked like a giant, evil butterfly on steroids."

"Butterflies don't have teeth!"

"They have to have teeth. Everything has teeth. Hold on." Helia pulled out her phone as she ran. "Siri, do butterflies have teeth?" A spell hit the wall behind them, causing her next words to be lost.

"What?"

"I said I found it! Here: Butterflies do not have teeth. Rather, their feeding mechanism is a long double barrelled tube called a... proh-bos-kiss (I don't know how that's pronounced." Helia admitted, dodging a well aimed killing curse. "Prob-ah-skies? Proboscis? Ah, fuck it.) Because they feed through what is essentially a double barrelled straw, butterfly diets are exclusively liquids. The preferred diets will vary considerably depending upon the butterfly species. "

Three years after Helia had graduated from Hogwarts, it was fair to say that this was not where she expected them to be: Charging down the grimy backstreets of London, dodging the curses of the advancing Death Eaters and trying to avoid the huge, green pterodactyl-moth that was dive bombing them every time they let up their ferocious pace for even a second.

"Over there! They turned left!" A voice from behind them was yelling.

"No we haven't!" Helia shouted back. Remus facepalmed, and Helia had to stretch out an arm to keep him from tripping.

"You are going to get us killed." Remus muttered, but he was grinning as if the prospect was something to be looked forward to.

"On takeout day? Never." Helia sounded aghast. They turned another corner onto a long, straight street. The sound of advancing curses fizzed and popped in her ears. "Video game rules, Moon Boy: duck and weave."

"What does that mean?" Remus glanced at her.

Helia didn't answer, instead showing him as she zigzagged down the alley, bouncing from wall to wall and back again, adding in a feint where she deemed it necessary.

"You look ridiculous." Remus commented, but he followed suit.

Helia shrugged, "It works in Overwatch."

A familiar figure was waiting at the end of the alley, an inflatable dolphin glowing in her hands. Helia and Remus charged towards Lin, grabbing hold of the pool toy just in time as the portkey sprung into action, whisking them away into a hurricane of peace. They touched down just outside a bar called the 'Leaky Caldron' on the other side of London.

Lin picked at her cuticles and grinned at the other two as they leaned against one another for support, out of breath. "Had fun?"

Remus, sensing Helia's sarcastic reply before the woman had chance to form it, muttered something along the lines of, "Immeasurable amounts."

"You," Lin pointed at him, "Have been spending too much time with Helia. I knew it was a bad idea to let you two move in together. She's corrupted you with her sarcasm."

"I like that concept." Helia smiled.

Remus snorted, but leaned into Helia's arm around his shoulders, stooping slightly so that she could reach. "You would."

"Corruption and villainy. That's my motto." Helia announced.

"That's a shit motto." Remus grinned.