-Twenty Two: Um I Er Yep-

"HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIAAAAAAAAA!"

The brown haired blur slammed into Helia at top speed. If she hadn't been prepared for this kind of greeting, Helia would've stumbled or dropped her cat, but by this point the affection of certain Hufflepuffs was an expected occurrence.

"Hey, Lin."

People around them stared at the sight of anyone- anyone- having the audacity to hug Helia Blacksmith. It was almost as if this didn't happen every time Helia returned to Platform Nine and Three Quarters. Helia glared straight back at them, forcing them to hastily move themselves along.

"HOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE YOU?"

"Fine." Helia said stiffly, hyperaware of every glance in her direction. "You?"

"Awesome." Lin replied as she suddenly switched back to whatever the Lin version of 'normal' was. She released Helia and stepped back, giving her a look of reproach. "But I can't believe you missed Jade's Christmas Eve party." She shoved Helia's shoulder "Dude. It's like a tradition! And, since you weren't there, I  had to be the responsible one."

"Sorry. I was kind of busy on Christmas Eve." Helia admitted, trying not to think about Remus as Lin dragged her off to find a carriage. Instead, she rearranged her hold on The Spot, who was desperately trying to gain a better perspective on Frank Longbottom's rat. "I got home at like ten in the morning."

"You went out?" Lin asked, shocked "Like, out?"

"No." Helia said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Out as in 'in'"

"Merlin, Helia! This is awesome! Chillbeans!" Lin grinned at her. "We should throw a party! A proper one! Now you might actually go to it!"

"God, no." Helia wrinkled her nose "I hate parties. Too many... people."

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

"I do go to parties. And I just spend the whole time babysitting you and Jade." Helia said impatiently.

"Are you implying that we aren't the most fabulous people you have ever met?" Lin cocked an eyebrow.

Helia would've smiled then. "Never."

...............................

"Moony, where were you?"

Remus glanced around the compartment. Here he thought he'd found himself a quite place to wait until his friends showed up and there they go, barging into the calm solitude. James looked personally insulted, Sirius looked like he had had some form of terrifying surgery to make his smile a permeant accessory, grinning around at the world. It was a little creepy. Peter gave Remus half a smile and then hurried to settle himself in the corner. Remus sighed. He had had a real zen thing going on as well.

"What are you on about?" Remus asked politely. James crashed dejectedly into the seat opposite.

"Wood's party. It's legendary, man. Leg-en-dary. Bell got us in this year and then you bailed last minute?" He frowned. "Not cool."

"Sorry. I was up late the night before. You know... Stuff."

"Ah, 'stuff'." Sirius sighed "The most unimaginative of excuses"

Remus gave him an alarmed look and turned back to James. "Is he okay?"

"'Okay' is an understatement." James said, rolling his eyes. "Linette Bell asked him to Hogsmead."

"What?" Remus choked on his own surprise. "Linette Bell? Actually said yes? And you didn't blackmail her?"

James winked "It may have had something to do with a favour I owed dear Padfoot."