-Eight: Pinky Promise-

Helia dragged her palms over her eyes as she ascended the stairs to the Astronomy Tower. It was too late at night, and too cold, and she was too tired. And yet her curiosity, as always, outweighed all of that. Stupid curiosity. Stupid werewolf. Stupid, hot werewolf. Helia frowned to herself. She mentally gathered her thoughts before ascending the ladder to the roof. Remus was already there when she reached the top, watching the moon with it's slit side as it hung low over the Forbidden Forest. He spun around when he heard her footsteps.

"Oh," he said, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand "Hey."

Helia raised an eyebrow. "Did you not expect me to be here?"

"No, it's just... I was expecting you to look more.... angry." Remus both looked and sounded incredibly awkward. Helia loved it.

"Angry?"

"You know, with the whole 'werewolf' thing." He said, eyes fixed on the floor.

Helia walked over and hopped up onto the low stone wall that ringed the tower so that she could look him in the eye. If she wanted to, Helia could've just tipped backwards and fell. Someone would find her body. Strangers would cry as if they knew her. It would all be over. "Ah yes. The werewolf thing. I had almost forgotten." Remus' eyes darted to her face, holding this time. "So," Helia prompted "Spill."

Remus looked confused. "Spill?"

"Yes, Gryffindor, spill. Lycanthropy has always been shrouded in mystery and I" she pointed to her chest "have always been curious."

Remus smiled. "I'm not just going to spill my life story like some weak ass princess in a fairy tale." he said. Helia had to work hard not to pull a face at him. That was new; she had always been competent at masking her emotions before.

"That was different." Helia said obstinately.

"Hmm?" Remus grinned "And why was that?"

"I already know your secret. I just want to know more. I hate not knowing." This so closely resembled what James had said on the first day that Remus laughed.

"And I  hate telling."

Helia examined his face closely. "Never lie to a liar, Gryffindor. You should know that by now."

"Okay, I hate telling you." Remus amended, shifting into a frown.

"Why?" Something in Helia moved slightly, making her feel uncomfortable and on edge, though she couldn't have said what it was.

Remus ran a hand through his hair, suddenly flustered. "Because I don't know if I can trust you. You seem very... unpredictable."

"Good." Helia sounded satisfied. "Don't trust me. Don't ever trust me. Trust in my unrivalled selfishness. Don't trust in me."

Remus looked up at her. The light of the moon cast half her face into shadow, reminding him suddenly of the time James had invited them all camping and they had stayed up and told ghost stories around the fire. Ghost stories were always more frightening when you knew the monsters under your bed were real. "Wow, you really are reassuring. Not to mention persuasive. Did anyone ever tell you not to go into a career in advertising?"

Helia shrugged, she managed to make the gesture look as though she had the weight of the world resting on her small frame, though Remus doubted she realised that. "It's called honesty, Gryffindor. I've never tried it before. Apparently it's great." Remus snorted. "So don't trust in me. But there's one thing you can trust in."

She held out her hand expectantly. Warily, Remus took it. Almost immediately he felt sparks of electricity dancing up his skin, lighting his nerves on fire. He looked at Helia.