-Nine: Wolf Space Party-

"Up!" 

Remus groaned. Someone was shouting loudly in his ear. Someone who would find a very large canine on their doorstep the next full moon.

"Up! Up! Up!"

And now they were pummelling his face with a pillow. Great. Just great. This was how every Thursday should start.

"Up! Up! Up! Up! Up!"

Remus felt himself go still for a moment, silently counting to ten in his head, before throwing himself out of bed and leaping on his attacker.

James threw his arms up in self protection as the werewolf grabbed the pillow out of his hands and began mercilessly taking his revenge. "Ah! Hugs!"

Out of the corner of his eye, Remus could see Sirius grinning as he perched on the edge of James' bed. "Mind of I join in, Moony?" He called. "Git's been stealing my peppermint toads, I know it."

"That." James wheezed between attacks "Is... no... excuse... for... torture."

"Oh, I don't like to think of it as torture." Sirius said happily, stooping to pick up one of Remus' pillows where it had fallen from his bed as he slept. "More like mild maiming."

James broke away from Remus suddenly, leaping up onto Peter's bed. The werewolf wasted no time pursuing him. "You call this" James gestured over his shoulder to Remus, who was adding another pillow to his arsenal. "Mild?"

"You know, he's right, Moony." Sirius said, returning to his spot on James' bed, seemingly content with observing the chaos erupt around him. "You should try something else. Like a small battle-axe perhaps?"

James looked at him with pure hurt. "And I thought you were my friend." He turned back to Remus. "Don't do it, Moony. He's trying to lead you astray."

Remus grinned, lifting up his weapon of choice. "For once," He said. "I'll let him."

..............................

"... And that is when the Goblins of the south were granted full immunity from the wizarding trials of 1600."

Helia watched with an amused expression as Jade gently lowered her head onto her book. "I hate History." Jade moaned.

"You hate everything." Lin pointed out. She was grinning down at her friend, no pity on her face.

"...Now you understand the foundation work, we can finally move on to the 1700s."

Even Lin looked appalled at the prospect of listening to Professor Binns describe another century of Goblin labour. Jade began softly banging her head on the table. "Merlin have mercy on us all." Lin muttered, moving her hand beneath Jade's head so that it would have no contact with the table.

"Now, now." Helia scolded Jade disinterestedly "We don't want you losing the remaining brain cells you have."  

Jade sighed, her head was now balanced on Lin's fingers. "I promise you I would have a witty retort if I could be bothered."

Marlene McKinnon, sat on the other side of Lin, lent over. "Binns has that effect on people." she agreed grimly "Good news is, we could probably stand up and walk out of this room right now and he wouldn't notice."

Marlene had dark skin, and almond shaped eyes. She was tall and curvaceous. She hung around with Lilly Evans a lot. Deep red lipstick made her mouth pop and her eyeliner was more on point than that moment when you have your pencil sharpened so much, it snaps as soon as it touches paper.

Jade flushed bright red. She had always been self conscious of people listening in to their conversations, Helia remembered distantly.

Lin smiled at Marlene, her private ray of sunshine switching on for this new addition to the group. "Yeah, but I can bet you anything McGonagall would be waiting outside the door. I swear that woman is omnipresent."