-Twenty Five: Warning-

And here's what you missed at: Hogwarts:

Helia grinned, and Remus had the feeling he had said exactly what she had wanted him to. "This."

And that was when Helia Blacksmith kissed him.

.........................................................

Remus had never thought he would be so supremely glad that Helia had pulled off his gloves.

Okay, so that sounded pervy, but in the moment, Remus didn't exactly care. He buried his hands in Helia's hair, knotting his fingers in the dark curls. He didn't know what kind of shampoo she used, but if it could make her hair that  impossibly soft then Remus wanted it in his life. The distant sound of Hogwarts students laughing had faded, replaced with the thrum of electricity through his ears and the crunch of snow beneath Helia's feet as she moved closer to him. The cold that had been seeping into his bones was exchanged for something entirely different- like fire crackling along his veins or lightning sparking through his nerves. Helia looped her hands around his neck, pulling him closer.

He was drowning in the smell of ginger and rain and Helia.

All in all, today hadn't been that bad for Remus.

Neither of them noticed as a tall, blonde girl with bright green eyes wandered around the edge of a building. And they continued to be completely unaware of their surroundings even as she spotted them and then smiled, and then vowed to remember to get the bet money from her darker-haired friend.

.........................................

Helia lay on her back, in her dorm for once. The roof of her four poster bed was irritatingly underwhelming: Cracks and splinters danced across the manicured wood, dyed a deep brown. But she couldn't help seeing how the lighter streaks that had once held the tree's age ran irregularly across the panels, dipping and bending against the darker parts, she couldn't help seeing the beauty and chaos of the simplicity. She sighed.

"You're mooning." Jade's amused voice emanated from the side of her bed, sounding as close to laughter as Jade ever got. Helia tilted her head to look over at her friend, hair fanning out across the navy sheets. Jade's expression was lit up with glee. Helia had never hated her friend more. "Mooning over Moony." Jade sang.

Helia grimaced  "That is a truly awful pun. And I'm not mooning. I'm contemplating. I'm strong, stoic. Stoic people don't moon. We contemplate."

"No." Jade said thoughtfully "When you're contemplating you look like you're thinking really hard about taking a shit."

"Well, I'm not mooning."

"Wallowing, then." Jade amended, still grinning "Can people wallow in happiness?" She shook her head. "It doesn't matter. You're wallowing."

Helia raised her hand so it half-blocked the window, letting shafts of light pour through it and spill onto her face. "Wallowing is for elephants, depressing people and depressing elephants." She said, refusing to let Jade's good mood infect her.

Jade let out an exasperated sigh. "What's that a quote from?"

"Magnus Bane, Warlock extraordinaire." Helia said.

"Yes." Jade agreed "Extraordinarily fictional"

"Why must you wound me this way?"

Jade began forcefully dragging Helia to her feet "Because trying to get you excited about the wizard extraordinaire right in front of you apparently doesn't work."

Helia fixed her friend with a suspicious look "Doesn't work how? What are you trying to get me to do? We are not  lighting fireworks in Professor Slughorn's room again"