-Thirty Nine: Two Birds-

And Here's What You Missed At: Hogwarts

"Remus." Helia's eyes were shining. It took Remus a moment to figure out that it was tears, and not the half reflection of stars looking down at them. "Remus, my brother is dead."

And, just like that, the penny dropped.

"Oh."

...............................

Dean,

I wonder sometimes if you can hear me, wherever you are. I wonder if you're sat in a tree you climbed because someone told you not to, watching me and Jack as we make our many, many mistakes and laughing like the brilliant little idiot you are. Then I remind myself that you're nowhere. You don't exist anymore. The Dean Blacksmith- brother, boyfriend, son, inspiration to every kid he taught art to, light in the dark, brightest colour of the rainbow- is dead. And I'll never hear that laugh again.

My Goddamn big brother, always playing the hero. You'd be in Gryffindor, you know. I don't get why I'm the one with special powers; you always had all the magic for the both of us.

Fenrir didn't show, so I guess I'm sticking around a little longer. I'll come visit you tomorrow.

The Smaller One.
....................

-Six Years Before-

Helia's P.O.V

I raised my hand to block out the sunlight streaming down from overhead as Dean leapt up onto a bolder, spreading his arms wide. His shirt was a new one. It had a cartoon of a ninja on the front with the lettering 'NSP' just underneath. I giggled.

"Hey!" He yelled, even though he really was not that far away. "What are you doing all the way down there, midget?"

"I can't be botherrrred!" I whined up at my brother.

"What?" He shouted back. "I can't hear you up here!"

I giggled some more, scrambling up the boulder to join him. At the last part, I slipped a little, like I always do, and he was there to catch me, like he always was, pulling me into his arms and lifting me up over his head and onto his shoulders. I was eleven, but Dean always said I was never too old to be his little sister.

"Stop!" I whined. "I'm too big for you to pick up now."

"Oh really, midget?" My brother removed me from his shoulders so that I was dangling in mid-air by my heel. "Don't say such things. You'll make me feel old." I clawed my way up his arm and positioned myself back onto the shoulders of my brother. "And besides, you're leaving in a week. I have to make the most of having a little sister before you use that magic of yours to turn yourself into a giant."

"Like the BFG!" I threw my arms in the air, trying to be taller.

I could sense that he was grinning mischievously, though I couldn't see it. "More like in the Hobbit."

"Hey, no fair!"

Dean sighed.

"One day all of this will be yours, my little magician." Dean kept one hand on my legs to steady me as he gestured to the exceptionally unimpressive sight. It was barely a clearing, a burn mark on the ground from where some kids had lit a fire a couple of nights ago. But, Dean being Dean, he could conjure up a Pride Land in my imagination, scattered over with lions and wildebeest and ground hogs, all with perfectly tuned singing voices. My brother loves Disney, especially the Lion King.

I hit the top of his head.

"Let me down!" I demanded. "I want to show you something."

Laughing, my brother did as I demanded. "Race you!" I yelled, running and leaping down the side of the boulder.