-Fifteen: Space Between-

"Are you listening to me?"

"Absolutely not."

Helia stood in the corridor facing the exit to Hogwarts. Jade and Lin were grouped around her, talking excitedly. Hogsmead weekend was going to be one of Helia's rare days of peace, when she didn't have to hide herself away to avoid people.

"We'll be back in, like, five hours. Do not do anything stupid while we're gone." Jade said, staring daggers at Helia.

Helia rolled her eyes. "You guys are more like my parents than my parents."

Lin gave her a lopsided smile. "You know what she means. I just like seeing this place intact. It has a lot of sentimental value. So don't go blowing it up."

"Agh. You two are boring."

"And right." Jade pointed out.

"Oh, yeah. Great. Since when have I cared what's right?" Helia gave her a look. "Since when have you cared what's right?"

Lin, obviously trying to change the topic, grinned. "Apparition lesson tomorrow." She said, referring to the poster that had been placed on all house notice boards earlier that week.

"I'm ecstatic." Helia said, completely monotone.

"Now who's the boring one?" Jade actually did stick her tongue out at Helia.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Helia said, grabbing her friends by the shoulders and spinning them around. "Go. Be free. And pick me up some dungbombs."

"Is that an excuse to drag Lin into Zonko's?" Jade asked, grinning.

"Anything for my darling friend." Helia confirmed. Jade fist pumped the air in victory. Lin rolled her eyes.

The two set off toward the exit, where sunlight spilled around the edges of the door. "Have fun or whatever." Helia said to their retreating forms.

"Don't blow anything up!" Lin called over her shoulder.

And then Helia was alone.

.................................................

The door to the Great Hall was locked.

It had been open at lunch, Remus was sure. Breakfast too. Yet now it was barred to the outside world with only a small notice to explain away the lack of centre he could now feel at Hogwarts without it's flung open entryway.

THE GREAT HALL IS CLOSED TEMPORARILY FOR PREPERATIONS REGARDING THE UPCOMING APPARITION LESSONS FOR SIXTH YEAR STUDENTS. PLEASE TAKE NOTE.

What was the world coming to?

"Gryffindor! Wait up!"

Remus spun around, surprise etched onto his features at the sound of the familiar voice. Helia was walking a slow, deliberate pace over to him, eyes crackling with that familiar burst of light. He wondered why he had ever thought they were empty.

Remus checked over his shoulder to make sure she wasn't talking to an invisible person he hadn't noticed behind him until now. No? Okay, all good.

Except HELIA BLACKSMITH WAS TALKING TO HIM IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

He blinked at her. "Me?" 

Helia rolled her eyes. "No, I was talking to that gargoyle with the effed up nose. Of course you."

"Um," Remus glanced around. No one was in the near vicinity. "Hi."

"Hello to you too, Moon Boy." Helia nodded, amusement lighting up her face. She looked different when she talked to him in the daylight. More... real. "So...admiring the mahogany?" She nodded to the closed doors of the Great Hall.