-Ten: In Plain Sight-

Half term came and went. Remus was thrown back into work and studying and teachers and expectations. The notes between Helia and Remus had stopped being their only form of communication and started being their reassurance that: Yes, Helia was going to be at the Astronomy Tower, normal time on Friday night. They were still meeting under the pretence of werewolf lessons, though most of their conversations veered steeply off course until they were talking about wizard politics or counter spells or whether it was possible for Helia's cat to secretly be an evil genius.  

You know, normal stuff.

Helia was surprisingly easy to talk to, Remus discovered, though every now and then she would artfully dodge questions in a way that Remus probably wouldn't have noticed, had he not been trying to hone the talent himself for many years.

Remus would ask: What was normal primary school like?

And Helia would reply with: Your definition of normal is very different from mine.

And that would lead into a discussion about the normality of magic in Remus' life. It was seamless. It was inarguably perfected. And it was (just a little bit) terrifying.

Helia still ignored Remus during the day, pretending they had never even met, but sometimes he caught her watching him during Defence Against the Dark Arts out of the corner of his eye. He couldn't figure her out. Her eyes gave nothing away. She was so vague and imprecise with everything, talking to her was like looking through someone else's glasses; she was slightly blurred around the edges, purposefully out of the range of visible. Remus just wanted to know how to take the damn things off.

Remus almost missed the top rung of the ladder with his hand, and had to pause for a second as he mentally cursed himself. Helia was waiting for him this time, facing the opening with a glimmer of light dancing in her eyes. She walked toward him as he dragged himself up.

"Turn around, Moon Boy. Something wicked this way comes." She said, indicating back down the ladder. He gave her a confused look, leading her to  point at the sky where storm clouds were billowing, blotting out the pinpricks of light. "Rain."

"Right." He leapt back down to the classroom below, for once proud of his werewolf tendencies.

Helia followed. "Come on."

She lead the way down the stairs.

"So what do we do now?" Remus asked.

"Now," Helia's voice was charged with the same tone Sirius and James got before a prank. "We have some fun."

"What does that mean?" Remus asked warily.

"You know: Fun- noun- enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure." Helia said, vaguely.

Remus threw his hands up. "Okay, so you can also quote the dictionary by heart. Of course you can."

"Obviously." Helia said humbly.

Remus sighed. "So what form of 'light-hearted pleasure' are we taking part in tonight?"

"That depends."

"On what?"

Helia started walking backwards, still talking to him, as they reached the bottom of the tower. "On the stupidest thing I can think of at the time."

Remus wasn't entirely sure what Helia's definition of 'stupid' was, but was sure he would get another dictionary-driven response if he dared to ask. "Right..."

Helia turned back again. "For example, the most stupid thing I can imagine us doing right now is pissing off the Head Boy."

"Oh no."