Chapter 9: Free

Allie's P.O.V

I woke up on the soft white bed in my room, that looked like aunt Jay Jay's house. I immediately groaned because of my painful hangover and held my head with my hands.

I sat up and remembered some images of last night. The last thing I remember was standing in an alley way and this boy saved me from being attacked.

He was called Ricky, Richard? Yeah I think it was Richard. That's all I can remember.

I pulled the covers off and shivered from the cold air that surrounded me. I walked towards the door and opened it, then closed it again before I walked downstairs.

I walked in the kitchen and saw Linkin sitting on the counter behind aunt Jay Jay, as she showed him how to flip the pancakes properly. I laughed because Linkin looked… Baffled should we say?

"Look who it is; Little Miss Hangover." Linkin snickered.

"Shut up Luke, where's the pills Jay?" I said in annoyance.

"Top cupboard on your the right." she said pointing to a white cupboard covered in Peppa Pig and Batman stickers.

I pulled the door open and found a small packet of Ibuprofen. I took them out and walked over to the sink. I poured myself a glass of water and swallowed the tablet, then taking a mouthful of water.

Just as I thought my headache couldn't get worse, Linkin burns the pancake and the fire alarm goes off. I groan and hold my head in my hands as I sit on the stall at the table.

"Stop that fucking alarm someone!" I yell in pain. The alarm stopped two minuets later leaving me with the worst headache in history.

"Jay should I go feed Dash and Crystal?" I said referring to aunt Jay Jay's horses.

"Sure and if you can, take them for a run and maybe groom them later." she said smiling at me.

"Alright, Linkin I ride Crystal, you ride Dash." I said, and I knew he wouldn't say no.

"Hell yeah! Call us when the pancakes are ready aunty Jay!" Linkin yelled as we rushed out the back door and towards the stables. aunt Jay Jay lived on the edge of town towards the countryside, which was beautiful. There was a vast meadow of green grass for the horses to gras in, and a tall oak tree for us to climb up and watch the view. I loved it here.

I walked towards the right side of the stable, and on the window it said Crystal in bold letters. Crystal was a brown mare, that had brown eyes and a black mane and tail with a pink-ish muzzle and a white blaze down her face with four white socks on her legs.

Dash was a pure black stallion with a black mane and tail, brown eyes and only had one white sock on his hind left leg and a white star mark on his face.

I opened Crystal's stable door and she walked towards me, swaying her black mane in the process. She neighed which caused Dash to neigh as well. I ran my hand down her face to the end of her muzzle. I walked to the corner and grabbed a big hay bale and put it in her food bag. I passed one to Linkin through the hatch and he placed it in Dash's food bag.

"Pancakes are ready!" aunt Jay Jay yelled from inside the house. I walked out the stable closing Crystal's stable door behind me. I walked in the kitchen and immediately grab a plate full of pancakes.

"Slow down, you'll turn fat!" Linkin joked.

"Shush, I'm hungry," I said and dug into my pancakes.

When I was finished, I walked upstairs to get dressed. I wore a black shirt with purple studs and a pare of black leggings. I then put my blue hoodie over my shirt and put on my black Nike trainers.

I ran back outside with Linkin behind me, I grabbed a riding hat from the equipment shelf and passed one to Linkin. I walked back over to Crystal then tacking her up in the reins, saddle, bridle and stirrups. I put my left foot into the stirrup and hoisted myself up onto the saddle. I put the hat on my head and made sure it was clipped up before I walked out of the stable.

I lightly kicked Crystal's sides which sent her to walk forward out of the stable. I then made her go into a trot to make her go fast enough.

"Race ya to the lake Luke!" I yelled behind me. Me and Linkin held on tight to the reins, meanwhile Crystal's mane kept going in my face. We galloped fast across the field as the wind blew in our hair. I pulled on the rains that made Crystal stop in front of the lake. The sun shone bright on the water making it glisten and the wind made small ripples appear.

I climbed off of Crystal's back and let her shade under the tree and eat the newly grown, fresh grass. Linkin lay next to me and we both starred at the clouds, forming shapes in the clear blue sky. We lay there silently as we listened to the water wave, the wind whistle and the sound of Dash and Crystal chew on the grass and walk around.

It was so peaceful here, I loved it. It was a beautiful place to be and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, but here laying with my brother with two beautiful creatures behind us. I wish I could just stay in this moment forever and capture it. I truly wish that my life was much easier than this.

******************************