Chapter 26: He's Gone!

Allie's P.O.V

I did nothing. I felt nothing.

I just stood there.

No tears.

Nothing.

I slowly started to back out of the room and walk down the hallway of the hospital towards the exit. Eric had stayed behind with the doctors, I have no idea why, I mean, he's gone. Ryder's gone. The boy I love has gone, once again I'm alone. That's why I don't like getting close to people; they either leave or disappear and leave me by myself to build myself back up again. Over the past two years, I've tried putting up a wall, blocking everyone out. But it's no use, because it always seems to break back down.

I slid down the wall outside the hospital and took in deep breaths, allowing myself to process what has just happened.

"Allie!" Linkin shouts across the car park, running towards me. I acknowledge him and place my head in my hands. "Allie, what happened?" he asked, Sam, Josh, Rick, Susan, Carly, Zack, Matthew and Hillary soon joining him in front of me.

"He's-" I was then cut off my Eric rushing towards us.

"Allie! Come quick, you wont believe it!" he shouted enthusiastically. Matthew helped me up and we all rushed back inside the hospital. I then noticed we were heading towards Ryder's room.

"Why are we here?" I asked him in a monotone voice.

"Go inside and find out," he smiled. I placed my hand on the door knob and turned it, opening the door and walking in, keeping my head low. I slowly raised my head as I heard rustling in front of me.

"Hi beautiful," Ryder said from the hospital bed.

"Ryder? H-How? How are you alive?"

"A doctor accidentally tripped over the wire to the heart monitor, shutting it off and making that horrible screeching sound." I laughed. "Come here," he said as I took long strides towards him. He shuffled over on the bed, making room for me, I climbed on the bed and cuddle into his chest.

"I missed you," I said, "I thought I lost you."

"You're never gonna loose me Al," he smiled.

"Allie, I-I wanted to tell you this on our date, but since Terry came and got you, I couldn't so... I want to say it now." he paused.

"What is it that you wanted to say?"

"Allie," he sighed; "I love you." when he said those three words I don't think my heart has ever beaten this fast. I thought it was going to rip through my chest.

"You love me?" I ask, just to double check what I heard was correct.

"Yes, I love you so much."

"I love you too." he smiled so wide that I thought his cheeks were gonna crack. Just as we started to lean in, we were interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

"Hey, can we get to see the hero now?" Hillary grinned from her spot beside Matthew.

"Sure," I said and they all walked in. Linkin, Eric, Carly, Susan and Zack sat on the chairs placed beside the bed while Josh, Hillary, Matthew and Josh sat down on the floor and Sam and Rick stood up on the opposite side of the bed.

"How are you feeling, Ry?" Susan asked.

"Good; apart from the pain in my chest, besides that I'm just happy to still be here."

"Should I go call your dad?" I asked Ryder.

"Yes please,"

"Alright, be back in five," I said getting off the bed and walk out the room towards the phone at the desk.

Sam's P.O.V

I felt jealously run through me as I watched them cuddle up with each other. When we were waiting outside, I started eavesdropping; then I heard them exchange the "I love you's". I felt my heart break in two.

I wish it was me who had jumped in front of that bullet so I would have died and the pain of her with Ryder would just go away. Or that I would just love to cuddle up with her and let me and her exchange the "I love you's". But I had this part of me that wanted Ryder to die so I could be with Allie.

I mean, I've never felt like this before; and my mum used to tell that if you feel different for someone you like, it means you don't actually "like" them, but love them. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm truly, madly, deeply in love with Allie Michelle Beckerson.

Allie's P.O.V

"Alright; see you soon." I said hanging up on Ryder's dad. I walked back to Ryder's room, but on the way, grabbed a doctor to check up on him. We walked into the room, all eyes on us.

I sat down on the bed next to Ryder and the doctor smiled. "How are you feeling Mr. Harrison?"

"I'm fine, and please, call me Ryder." the doctor smiled once again.

"Sure thing. I just wanted to go over a few things for when you leave the hospital tomorrow." he said looking down at the clipboard in his hands, "You must rest for about two weeks, no sports, lifting heavy objects and not parties. When you get signed out tomorrow, then lady at the front desk will give you a slip to go to the pharmacy and get your medication. You must one, tree times a day and then I'll make another appointment for your checkup in three weeks."

Ryder nodded, "Sure thing Doc," the doctor smiled again and walked out the room.

"I get to leave tomorrow!" Ryder said happily.

Everyone laughed, "Ok, Mr. Lover." Josh joked, making me start laughing so hard I was like a retarded seal.

"What's the time?" I asked after calming down from my laughing fit.

"Um... Seven thirty five." Damn.

"It's getting late, you guys should probably head home." Ryder said.

I shook my head and said, "No, I wanna stay with you."

"But Allie, you look knackered from all what's happened. I'll be fine."

"No. I'm staying with you." I said stubbornly.

"Ok. Zack can you get the Doctor again, please?" Ryder said.

"Sure." he said walking out the door.

"Susan, Carly and Matthew can you go home and get me some clothes please?" I asked.

"Sure thing Al, just be careful, I don't wanna be an auntie yet." Carly said, being her stupid self.

"Carly!" I said in disbelief, she laughed and trudged out the room with Susan and Matthew.

"Ry, Doctor." Zack motioned to the same Doctor behind him.

"Ryder, what did you want me for?" the Doctor I-have-no-idea-what-his-name-is said.

"Is it possible if Allie can stay the night with me?"

"Sure, but just this once." he paused, "I'll get someone to bring you some food and drinks, Allie do you need any clothes?"

"No thanks, my friends have gone to get some."

"Alright, see you in a bit."

I can't wait until Ryder's gets out tomorrow!

********************************