Chapter 20: Fallen

Allie's P.O.V

I climb out the door of Ryder's black Range Rover and head inside with him next to me. We sit at a table and look through the menu, "What're you gonna get?" I asked.

"Um, the Caribbean pizza with a large coke. You?" he replied.

"The pepperoni pizza with a medium coke." I said. Ryder called over a waiter to take our order.

"What would you like today?" the waiter asked.

"I'll have the Caribbean pizza with a large coke." the waiter nodded his head and wrote it down on his small notepad.

"And you, Miss?"

"I'll have the pepperoni pizza with a medium coke." I said, the waiter grinned at me and walked off to get our orders.

"I don't like the way that waiter was looking at you." Ryder said, never meeting my eyes.

"Someone getting jealous?" I teased. Ryder's cheeks tinted pink slightly and I laughed. Me and Ryder made small talk before our meals came back. Once we finished, Ryder paid the check without me knowing which made me annoyed because I insisted on paying for the meal. We headed to the park and sat on the swings that were under blossom tree.

"I enjoyed today, apart from this morning." I said.

"I still wish I could've been there." he said sighing.

"Don't worry," I said and lifted his chin up, "Next time something happens, I'll make sure you're by my side."

"About us going to the same school, how does that work out?" I asked.

"I used to go to the boys school around the corner, but I didn't really get on with anyone so I moved schools." he explained. I don't know what to feel anymore, Ryder's playing with my emotions like a game. I know it's not his fault and besides, you can't decide who you're going to fall in love with.

"That explains it," Out of nowhere, Ryder's phone rang the ringtone The A Team by Ed Sheeran.

"Hey." he answered.

"Ok... I'll be there later. Why now? Fine, I'll be there in ten." he said and hung up.

"My dad needs help at the shop," he simply said.

"I'll come and help, if it's ok with you." I said and rested my chin in my palm.

"Alright, lets go before he starts ringing me nonstop." With that, we left the park and drove to Ryder's dads shop in the middle of town.

"Ryder!" his dad called before we even got out the car.

"I need more wood A.S.A.P, Mr. Clark will be coming here in an hour to pick up the fairy statue for his wife and I haven't finished the wings yet." his dad said frantically.

"We'll pick up some wood now, we'll be about ten minutes, don't worry dad." Ryder said as he drove off again, to the start of the woods. Trees everywhere. I hope we don't get lost.

"Over here, I keep a good supply of wood ever in case I need it." he said, grabbing four massive logs of wood. I grabbed another two and placed them in the back of Ryder's car. We grabbed a few more logs and when we had enough, we drove back to Ryder's dads shop and handed the logs over. I walked into the back of the shop and saw the statue, it was beautiful.

Every detail was captured, like it was a picture that was taken perfectly. Every strand of hair was seen and made it's way down to the fairies waist. Her eyes, nose, mouth and ears were placed in the right place, making it even more perfect. The wings were my favourite when they were finished, every sparkle and swirl was carved into the thin, delicate wood on the fairies back. I was definitely gonna ask Ryder's dad to do me a statue.

His art work was intriguing, wanting you to stare at it for hours just to find out the reason behind the statue itself. If I knew Ryder's dad was this good, I would have asked him ages ago to make me something.

******************************