Chapter 12: Saved Again

Ryder's P.O.V

"Ryder, go fetch some wood for me! I need more to finish this statue off!" my dad yelled from his workshop in the back garden.

"Alright!" I groaned, but rolled off the sofa anyway and walked to the front door.

I picked up my blue duffle bag and closed the door behind me. I made my way down the street and made a left at the end of it. Ten Minuets later I arrived at the head of the forest. I walked passed a tree, earning broken branches beneath my feet to crunch.

Soon after I arrived a small cave-like-hut where we kept a good supply of wood. If your thinking, why my dad is asking me to go into the forest and collect wood, it's because he's a sculptor. He runs a successful business back in town and only makes statues out of wood for some odd reason.

I put a loads of wood into my blue duffle bag and zipped it back up. As I was about to start heading back, I heard screaming. I was already up on my feet and following the ear piercing scream. It sounded… Familiar. As I came closer, I saw two black shadows moving in front of me. The sky had gotten darker; making it harder to notice any facial features. The man walked towards the girl sitting at the stump of the big tree behind her. He pulled out a rope and walked closer to the girl, and that's when it hit me. I remember her, saving her outside that nightclub, taking her back to her brother. Allie. I stepped forward accidentally kicking a small stone while doing so, causing Allie to look up at me.

"Ryder!" she called while tears streamed down her cheeks. The man holding the rope looked at me with a cold look that sent shivers down my spine.

"Let her go." I said sternly trying to act defensive, but must have failed since the guy bursted out laughing.

"Let her go?" he asked, while wiping an invisible tear away. "I've let her go too many times and this time, I don't think so." he grinned evilly.

I hopped down off the small ledge I was on and walked closer to him, but kept my distance. "Why do you want her anyway?" I asked and looked him up and down with a face of disgust.

"She's my daughter. She keeps running away, but this time, she's not going anywhere." he said with a voice of calmness, like he's done this plenty of times before.

I quickly glanced at Allie behind him, she gave me a sympathetic look and quickly mouthed the words "I'm sorry". I gave a small nod in return so she knew it was alright.

"Gonna try and get her?" her father asked. I sighed and I knew what I was about to do, I might regret. But it has to be done.

I shake my head and said "No, I'm not gonna try and get her. I'm gonna get you." he had no time to respond or act as I charged towards him, sending him to the ground.

"Allie run!" I yelled, trying to restrain her dad beneath me on the floor. She got up and jogged to the tree next to her, but her mind switched.

"I'm not leaving without you!" She yelled back. I grabbed my fist pounding it onto her father's face three times before getting up; grabbing Allie's hand and running off.

"Are you ok?" I ask her after we stop running to catch our breath. She nods, but a few tears slip. I pull her into my arms and hold her as she cries harder. I play with her hair and whisper to her quietly, "It'll be alright, I promise Allie." I wipe the her tears away as she looks back me.

"Do you hear that?" she asks and suddenly a small flash of light, followed by dogs barking and people yelling frantically.

*******************************