Chapter one

It feels odd not being rushed around for a premiere or being told what suit I'll be in tonight. Whats even weirder is not having Dakota with me. We have been side by side for the past two weeks and now Im alone with my dad at my La home watching the football.

"So how was the premieres and stuff?" My dad asks. I look over my shoulder and watch him in the kitchen

"It was fun, tiring though. I forgot how blinding those camera flashes are" I admit. I turn back to the television and itch my arm. Dulcie was with Amelia. I was meant to have her today but Im not that well so keeping my little girl healthy is the main priority. Amelia and I decided to split a while back. We still have a good relationship though. I mean we need too considering we have two gorgeous girls together.

"Hows the girls?" My dad asks as he joins me on the sofa

"Oh yeah they are good as far as I know. Dulcie is still obsessing over trolls apparently so secretly Im relieved Im ill and get a break from the soundtrack" I laugh. I take a sip of my budweisor and watch the game.

Dakotas POV

"Dak!  What are you doing?"
"Yoga! I need to relax and calm my muscles" I chuckle. I look over at my Mum and she just stands and looks at me with a odd look. Probably wondering where she went wrong with me.

"You have been quite quiet since the premiere. Has anything happened? Is everything okay?" I stop and look up from the floor and im met with my Mums eyes. She looks likes shes thinking. I feel like she can read me like an open book. How do I tell her that I miss the man who has a wife and two kids? How do I tell her that I feel lost without Jamie? How do I tell her that I love Jamie Dornan?

"Its just all abit weird. You know with being home and having nothing to worry about" I lie. She cocks her head to the side and taps her finger on the counter.

"You know. I gave birth to you and I have watched you grow into the beautiful young woman I see sat on the floor. You know full well that I know you are hiding something" My mum speaks. I roll my eyes and pull myself up and look down.

"Have you ever loved somebody and... not been able to do anything about it?" I ask. I dont bother to look up. I already know she has a sympathetic look plastered across her face.

"Oh darling. Is this about..." she trails off "look, everybody in their time falls for somebody they can't have. We wouldn't be human if we didn't. Have you spoken to Jamie atall since the premieres?" She asks. I shake my head and sit on the stool. How did she know it was Jamie? She really does know me well.

"Ive heard nothing. We are presenting together at the oscars in two days. Im scared. Theres a sick feeling here." I rub my stomach and bring my hand up to my face. I lean my cheek on my fist and watch my mum move around the kitchen.

"Well that gives you time to talk. Its better than bottling it up." I look at her. Is she serious? The man has a wife and two children. He has never shown me anything that would give me the green light. I know he loves Amelia. Shes gorgeous and the mother of his children. Me? Im just his costar he pretends to have sex with.

"I will eat later. I suddenly don't have an appetite." I jump down from the stool and head up to my room. I want to see him and I know he is in LA. I am actually starving but I want his company...I pull out my phone and slide across. I click contacts and scroll down to Jamie. I guess its now or never.

"Hey!
I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to meet up. Have a catchup before the oscars. How have you been?"
I click send and watch as the 'delivered' sign pops up under my message. Cmon Jamie. You're normally a quick replyer. In the two seconds i turn away it turns to read.
Bing!

"Dakota!
I'd love too. Burger place? I'm actually craving burgers. Where shall I meet you? Ive been alright. Its been quiet without the girls but other than that. Its all swell. You?"
I look at the text and reread it another two times. Why isnt he with the girls? My heart starts to beat faster. Whats happened? Why do I feel like i am partially responsible. Ive read things online about Jamie and I. Being a power couple and looking good together. I liked it but thinking back to it. I bet it hurt Amelia. Have i done something wrong? Jesus. I hope not.

"Where are the girls? Is everything okay? Theres a restaurant on Parlour Avenue. They do burgers so you will be satisfied. Ill meet you there in an hour?"
Its not long before he is typing back.

"Its a long story. Ill tell you later. Sounds good to me. Gives me time to freshen up. Thankyou Dakota. I need this."
I smile and drop my phone on my bed. What to wear...

Jamies POV
Manchester United have won the game. Im getting a burger. What more could go right tonight?

"So you're off to where?" My dad asks. I pull my tshirt on and spray my aftershave.

"Some burger place. Well its a restaurant but they sell burgers. Will you be alright here?" I look at him and he nods and smiles mischievously. Whats he thinking?

"What?" I ask

"You. Its just... Im extremely proud of you Jamie and your Mother would be too. There is never a day where Im not smiling because of you and your sisters. Im sure your Mother is constantly smiling too" He manages to get out. I stand up straight and flash him a quick smile. I rub my eyes quickly before the tears escape and roll down my cheeks.

"Thanks Dad. Im glad I make you proud. Its refreshing to hear" I walk over and give him a hug. I pat his back and pull away. "Ill see you later okay? Be good" I laugh. I hear him mutter under his breath and off I go to meet Dakota.