Chapter Seven

Dakotas POV
Im finally done. I walk into the bedroom and pull on my gucci dress. Jamies in the lounge of the hotel room with his stylist. I look at myself in the mirror and smile. He does this. He makes me happy.

"Dakota, let me see!" Robin shouts. I come out and give her a twirl.

"You look beautiful." Robin stands and takes a picture and then another and another. I look over at Jamie and catch his eye. I naturally bite my lip and he gives me a cheeky little wink. I stand next to Emily and let Robin take our picture. Emily gives me a quick hug and kisses my cheek.

"Im so proud of you" she holds me at arms length and I cant help but smile.

"Dont make me cry! My makeup will run!" I slap her arm gently and she wanders into the kitchen to get a drink. Water I think.

"Ill do it, its fine"I hear Jamie mutter. I look over again and watch as he sits on the stool and puts his shoes on. My, does he scrub up well.

"Dakota, can I talk to you a minute?" He ties his lace on his shoe and stands. I nod and follow him into the bedroom. I shut the door and stand just infront of him.

"Whats up?" I ask. He smiles and shakes his head.

"Im useless with bow ties. Can you maybe do it up for me?" He blushes a little and sits on the end of the bed. I come inbetween his legs and his hands slide up from my thighs to my waist.

"It would actually be easier if you stood up." I let out a giggle and he rolls his eyes. He swats my bum softy and stands.

"Better?"

"Very." Im just a little higher than him with my heels and I start to do up his bow tie. I tie it and pat it gently.

"All done." I cock my head to the side and smile. He smiles back and kisses my lips softly.

"I wonder what the press and paparazzi will think of this tonight.." I mutter. He hums once and pulls away.

"We dont have time to think about it. Cmon ,Escort me to my first oscars." With that we leave the bedroom and grab our belongings from the living area of the room.

"Okay ready? The cars downstairs so go straight down and out and into the car" Evelyn tells us. I nod and slide my phone into my clutch.

I do as Ive been told and make my way downstairs. Jamie is behind me talking to Evelyn. Robin catches up with me and Emily and gives me a brief smile.

"Maybe we should hold off on the photos of you both." She whispers. I frown and look at her.

"Why?" I ask. My frown still very visible in my face.

"They will be okay Im sure" Emily says. I smile at her words.

"There will be alot of questions asked. Ones that don't beed to be recognised as of yet." I keep quiet and carry on listening. "I think itll make the night run a little smoother." She finishes.

"Robin, i understand you are protecting me but we are costars too and best friends. We will be okay I promise. I wont kiss him or anything on the carpet. I know my boundaries!" I giggle. We get outside and I hug Emily before sliding into the car. I scoot over so Jamie can get in. Emilys going to meet me there. She was my date before Jamie asked and she still is, she opted to getting there with Robin and Evelyn.

"Thanks mate" Jamie pulls his foot in and the door shuts behind him. He relaxes back and the car engine starts. I reach over and grab his hand. Intertwining our fingers.

"Everything okay?" He looks over and I give him a brief nod.

"Its perfect." I scoot closer and we rest our hands on my knee. I can feel Jamies tapping through the floor.

"Oh no please stop" I groan. He laughs and stops. Must be a nervous thing he does.

"It feels weird having an actual date to one of these things" I mutter. He chuckles and squeezes my hand.

"Its different for me. You know why.. so I dont need to explain. Its a nice different though." He looks out the window and nods to himself as we pull up. That journey was quicker than I imagined it would be. He looks at me and gives me his cheeky smile.

"You ready?" He asks. I nod and he opens the car door a little to make the driver aware. The driver takes over and opens it. Jamie steps out and turns to hold his hand out. I quickly grab it and scoot over before stepping out.

"You look beautiful" he whispers. I feel myself blush and he keeps my hand in his. Oh. This wasnt part of the plan.

"Okay. So we will go to the carpet, get the pictures done and then head inside." I hear Evelyn tell Jamie. I smile and pull my hand away gently and instead slide my arm through his so we are linking.

"Why'd you do that?" He looks at me as we are escorted to the carpet

"Smooth night remember?" I look at him and he looks confused. Was I the only one who got that weird briefing. Robin is so protective sometimes. I look at her and give her a "I know how you are and Im okay Grin" and she responds with the same comforting smile.

"Baby, its smooth anyway. Im with you. Im happy. I know we are taking it slow but Im allowed to show you off a litte bit." He whispers into my ear. I pinch his arm a little and walk onto the red carpet.

Jamie stands straight and I stand so my shoulder leans into his. His arm slides around my waist and he holds me close. I look around making sure I allow every angle for the paps. I look up at Jamie and watch as he does the same. I take a minute to admire him and he looks down at me. Catching me in the act. I don't care. He smiles and moves so his lips are near my ear.

"Right handsome devil tonight aren't I?" He does it with a weird accent and makes me laugh. I pull away a little. I move my hand to cover my mouth and quickly wipe the tears before it ruins my makeup.

We walk off the carpet and head into the venue. I grab two glasses of champagne and go in to enjoy the evening.

------------------------------------------------------

Jamies POV

"Dakota, hey wake up we are back at the hotel" I stroke back her hair and hold her heels in my hand. Shes out for the night. The car pulls up and surprisingly theres no Paparazzi or fans outside the hotel. I climb out the car and walk round before opening the door. I manage to slide my arms under her body and hold her.

"Here, put this over her" Evelyn rests my blazer over Dakota and I have her heels rested in her lap.

"Thankyou, ill text you tomorrow morning." I smile and head into the hotel. The lift takes us up to our floor and I finally make it into the room. I gently lie her on the bed and head into the bathroom. I look at myself and undoe the bow tie. I quickly wash my face and do my teeth before joining Dakota back in the bedroom.

One half done. Now the other side. I gently wipe off her makeup and smile. Theres my beautiful girl. I gently pull my tshirt over her head and pull her arms through. Finally. I tuck her in and undress myself. I place both Dakotas dress and my Tux on the door hangers. Back in their packaging. Making my way back to bed I notice Dakota has moved to my side. I smile and gently push her back to her side. I climb in and immediately im met with her hand sliding over my waist and her head falling onto my chest. I kiss her head and remember all of the events of tonight. I feel like I have won myself. I have the most beautiful and talented speciman besides me. I close my eyes and finally drift off to a well deserved sleep.